Home

I'm sick of this!

This is a discussion on I'm sick of this! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2014, 04:49 AM   #1
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm sick of this!

Every year it's the same ole same ole garbage with this game. Is there any way we can work the sliders in My Career?

CPU gets too many offensive boards and putbacks are lightning quick.

CPU gets practically every loose ball.

CPU hits 90% of it's shots.

CPU steals any pass thrown in the paint.

CPU teams all play the same and cpu players all play like Michael Jordan and shoot like Larry Bird.

YOUR teammates for the umpteenth year in a row are complete morons.

So once again is there ANY WAY to fix sliders so the CPU teams aren't so overpowered and cheesy? Otherwise My Career is unplayable for me yet again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Re: I'm sick of this!

Hey man...

git gud.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:34 AM   #3
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

MyCareer is not nor has it ever been a "Sim" game mode tbh, so if you want simulation either switch to PC (Where you CAN use sliders in MyCareer) or play MyGM on player lock mode.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
Every year it's the same ole same ole garbage with this game. Is there any way we can work the sliders in My Career?

CPU gets too many offensive boards and putbacks are lightning quick.

CPU gets practically every loose ball.

CPU hits 90% of it's shots.

CPU steals any pass thrown in the paint.

CPU teams all play the same and cpu players all play like Michael Jordan and shoot like Larry Bird.

YOUR teammates for the umpteenth year in a row are complete morons.

So once again is there ANY WAY to fix sliders so the CPU teams aren't so overpowered and cheesy? Otherwise My Career is unplayable for me yet again.
Real over exaggeration. 90%? Lol
Old 12-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Dude is right the gamemode was made to generate money
so its a racket ...I cant play that crap ..its been the same for years with some new cutscenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
Pro

I stopped playing MyCareer 6 days in. While I understand it's RPG, the mode is not fun for me. Granted, I was actually doing well, scoring and winning.. But the lack of player customization (why can't I make my player slim!?) and the obvious need to play Hero-Ball is a major turn off.

Simple solution, OP. Don't play the mode. 2k really messing with us this year. From sneakers you can't even edit, to strongly implementing micro transactions, I'm disgusted with this years release.

Also, after the latest patch, I've had to play on Pro because apparently they increased the difficulty or something. Games I was winning by 20 on Superstar became impossible, even on All Star. On pro I barely win an easy game against horrible teams.

But hey, I guess I need to "git gud"
Old 12-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

It can be enjoyable if you know what to do to work the game within the confines of the mode. What I find helps:

1) Play with a big that can rebound to help eliminate the cpu.

2) Play with someone who has the defensive anchor badge to up your teammates awareness. I recently started a new my career playing with the Pelicans cause Anthony Davis fits both criteria above.

3) Try to find a 2 guard that can either shoot at a high clip, or defends on the ball well. DWade is good here, or Korver if you just want a shooter for example.

4) Go deep into the playbook and try to find a money play...hopefully one where you can throw a lob to a finisher. It doesn't have to specifically say "alley" or anything like that. Just look at the way your teammates move and see if one comes off a screen or back doors the defender and might possibly be in position for you to lob it to them. You'll need an almost guaranteed score for times when the cpu makes a run and your teammates aren't scoring on their own.

5) Be patient. It's well chronicled that your teammates play better once you hit the 90 and above chemistry. It's been that way for years. Why 2k does this, I don't know, but it is what it is. When I get frustrated with the mode, that's when I know it's time to put it down and walk away for a minute. Maybe go spend a moment with the wife and kiddies and try again later.

If you can find a team that defends and boards, you have a shot. Like I said, I restarted to play with New Orleans because they have a big that boards and is a shot blocker and defensive anchor, wings that do a satisfactory job at defending and do it better when Davis is in the game to boost their defensive awareness, and they have serviceable shooters.

The only thing I don't like about the team is their playbook. I haven't found a money play yet, but I'm willing to let doc take over in year 2 to get rid of Monty Williams playbook. Or maybe we'll lose enough where Williams will get fired and I'll get a new coach and new playbook.

I play as a pg by the way, and I don't sim, I play all my games on 12 mins. I've actually come to enjoy the game more after the patch, and even bumped the difficulty back up to Hall of Fame.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by oouie433; 12-29-2014 at 02:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »