Home

A question about Patient offense

This is a discussion on A question about Patient offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A question about Patient offense

Does shooting early make me miss since I have patient offense? I notice that I've been missing super wide open 3's (Curry/Beal) on a transition fast break. I hit most of my shots late in the shot clock, cause I run plays to get open looks.

Last edited by Law504; 01-22-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A question about Patient offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
Does shooting early make me miss since I have patient offense? I notice that I've been missing super wide open 3's (Curry/Beal) on a transition fast break. I hit most of my shots late in the shot clock, cause I run plays to get open looks.
I'm not sure how much the Patient Offense boost is tied to shot clock or number of passes or maybe some combination of both.

I'm also not sure if the POE boosts just boost the targeted focus somewhat or also slightly nerf the opposite of that focus.

I don't think POE's nerf the opposite, or at least I don't feel like I've noticed that. For example, I can make open 3's at what seems like a normal rate, even when I'm on Feed the Post, when I see the defense collapsing inside.

I'd be interested in general to hear how the POE boosts work, if anyone has heard or remembers. I dimly recall something from the devs about this back in October or so but I don't remember how specific they were about how the POE boosts work at each setting. Just general stuff.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

I have neutral and shoot at will and I miss fast break most of my 3s with Butler and Beal (92+ 3pt rating) but I hit them at normal rate (39-42%) with those two when running plays or a simple drive and kick with Wall.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
Did some research on patient offense, average tempo and shoot at will. From what I understand, the only thing it changes is the pace your offense runs plays (Freelance or set play).

I rarely utilize patient offense unless I'm about by 10+ with three minutes to go. I use shoot at will for plays that have several movements/cuts. This, in turn, will make your pace quicker per play. If I have average tempo and run plays I'm usually finish my possession around 16-20 seconds. Shoot at will, 13-18 seconds. Patient offense, 18-23 seconds.

For teams like GSW, I would always have it at shoot at will unless the game became sloppy and turnovers became prevalent(Then turn down to average tempo and adjust fast break settings). I do not think they have anything to do with you missing open 3's.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Did some research on patient offense, average tempo and shoot at will. From what I understand, the only thing it changes is the pace your offense runs plays (Freelance or set play).
I think maybe that's not right, based on something I read from a dev interview around release time. I wish I could find it. He said that the POE's all give subtle boosts, though if he only meant the other non-pace related offensive POE's then maybe you're right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Did some research on patient offense, average tempo and shoot at will. From what I understand, the only thing it changes is the pace your offense runs plays (Freelance or set play)...
This is what I thought and why I use shoot at will.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

So should I have run plays set at 0 if I'm running shoot at will. And vice versa for patient offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »