Home

Tips for shooting online?

This is a discussion on Tips for shooting online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips for shooting online?

Usually i play with people from the us, which means i have more delay then usually have and i can't seem to figure out how to shoot. Meter is obviously not right(missed 6 open shots in a row with 95 shooting landing at the white line) And i've tried turning off the meter and looking at the jumper like i've seen in some threads but i cant seem to shoot with that either. Starting to get annoying. Any tips?

EDIT:Mostly for park, rec, stage etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tips for shooting online?

My tip would be to experiment with different jump shot animations. Also, when I play at the park, it seems that I have to get a slightly earlier release due to the lag regarding the shot meter. If it is just one pixel behind the white line, it will brick most of the time as it is too short. I have to adjust for the rec center though, as there is even more lag for me and my jump shot animation seems to take way more time than usual.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Pray......
Old 02-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

He's right, especially about experimenting with different jump animations. And to take it a step further, try different jump shots for the park and the rec.

I have used every NBA jump shot available at least once. Yes--every single one. The only shot I can get perfect with from 3PT range in the park is J.Wall, and the only shot I can perfect with in the rec is Kyrie Irving. And I can assure you that my timing is never far off, ever, but obviously that doesn't seem to matter.

One thing I should mention though is that I can hit perfect shots from midrange with almost any jumper in both the park and rec, but I was assuming you were talking about 3's, especially because midrange shots don't even have to be perfect and they will still have a high probability of going in if your player is maxed out.

You just gotta figure out which jump shot is meant for you though, because I've seen people drain plenty of shots with a bunch of different jumpers, those two I mentioned above just happen to be my sweet spots (which is kind of a bummer because I don't particularly like either of them as far as form goes, but it's the only choice I have if I ever want to get into a perfect-release rhythm).
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 02-09-2015, 06:15 AM   #5
Rookie

take awful shots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Will following the animation get me the same result everytime even tho if i have lil to none delay compared to insane delay?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #7
Rookie

It should, but like I stated, insane delay can make your animation longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »