Home

An Idea to improve 'Floor General' in MyCareer Mode (+pics)

This is a discussion on An Idea to improve 'Floor General' in MyCareer Mode (+pics) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

OVR: 0
An Idea to improve 'Floor General' in MyCareer Mode (+pics)

Not sure if this has ever been suggested before, but here’s an idea I had to improve BOTH Defense AND Offense (specifically) in MyCareer Mode….

FLOOR GENERAL “CHATS” WITH TEAMMATE(S)

To improve Defense (and Offense)… perhaps the 2K Developers should improve what players can do with that ’Floor General’ Badge.

In my opinion, the Floor General Badge should do MORE than just ‘demand the ball’ whenever we press the [x] button.

Everyone agrees, that the ‘Floor General’ is also the ‘Coach on the Floor’.

If so, he should be allowed to “discuss” situations with his teammates, not just demand the ball.

So in MyCareer Mode, since we cannot change the POE of the WHOLE TEAM in 2K15… maybe 2K developers should let a player who has earned the Floor General Badge have “chats” with his teammates on the court.

HOW IT WORKS

Very similar to POE.
Floor General ‘chats’ happen QUICKLY. (I made some screens below to help get a feel for it)

Let the Floor General have the ability to discuss some tactics with his teammates during certain “dead ball” situations:

- During Free Throws
- At the end of a ‘Time Out’, while heading back to the court

At these times, if you have the Floor General Badge you can press [triangle] to bring up a ‘Quick Chat’ Menu.

If we are currently on Offense, we can quickly access these 2 ’Offense Chat’ Screens:

If currently on Defense, we can quickly access these 2 ‘Defense Chat’ Screens:

Sometimes during a ‘dead ball’ situation… the Floor General may only have enough time to discuss one thing, with one person… before play starts again. (Just like in real life.)

With more experience, he can discuss multiple tactics with different teammates.

So in order to make it work in MyCareer Mode, maybe the 2K Devs should make the ‘Floor General’ Badge… an ’upgradable’ Badge…. with 4 different levels of usage:

NO Floor General Badge:
- You cannot demand the ball, but you can chat with any SINGLE teammate on the court (however they are more likely to just ignore your gameplan, especially during crunchtime)

BRONZE Floor General Badge:
- Demand the Ball + be able to ‘chat’ with any 2 teammates on the court

SILVER Floor General Badge:
- Demand the Ball + be able to ‘chat’ with any 3 teammates on the court

GOLD Floor General Badge:
- Demand the Ball + be able to ‘chat’ with all 4 teammates on the court)

And depending on how often & how well a player uses this ‘chat’ feature in MyCareer mode, it could possibly have a positive (or negative) affect on things like:
  • Team Chemistry
  • Coach Satisfaction
  • Social Media Messages
  • Story ‘Cutscenes’ with Teammates

Btw, If someone has already posted this same exact idea... my apologies.
I never saw it.

Anyways, this is just a starting point.
Perhaps the 2K Devs can take this idea & evolve it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: An Idea to improve 'Floor General' in MyCareer Mode (+pics)

This some good ideas. Sorry if this derails the thread a little. I'm just hoping if 2K adds this again that calling for the ball doesn't mean the teammate will automatically pass or shoot just because you press "X". It's unrealistic. That's why I tried my hardest not to get on court coach.

Just make it where teammates % of giving you the ball increases when you call for it. Honestly, I don't even think a on court coach should really get that period. I believe if you're the best player like Kobe, LeBron, CP3, if you call for the ball, most teammates will look to give you the ball more likely when you call for it. Not because you're an on court coach. Jason Kidd was one in Dallas, but I am sure people would look him off more often than they would Dirk. I just honestly don't want it to be a automatic thing. Still make teammates look you off. And you should not be allowed to make your teammates shoot the ball.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »