Home

Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

This is a discussion on Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Official: Get Rasheed in The Game Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
He was in 2K15, actually.
Yeah, I thought he was but wasn't sure! They literally just removed him then...what a shame.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
here's my point of view. If you can't have everyone on the classic team (at least all the big names) then don't do it at all. It's almost a slap in the face that way. better to not have them and take that time to focus on making the other teams better. take the time to do graphical upgrades, or make more features. either do it big, or don't do it.
I respect your opinion on this matter. I happen to be on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's been cool having the 1985 76ers even without Charles Barkley. One Barkley create-a-player download and suddenly it's an incredible squad to run with, Philly Spectrum included.

Just the same, as long as the 2004 Pistons floor art is included along with seven of the 12 players on the playoff roster, I'm good with that inclusion. I'd much rather have to create one player to complete an awesome starting five than having no players at all.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #35
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
Why would 2k tout the new Blazers and Pistons if they didn't secure all of the key pieces? They really dropped the ball on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I agree. I know its the players who decline being in the game, and if they do, its almost like why even bother. Why not then give us a classic Pacer team without Miller and the 93 Suns without Barkley too(unless there is multiple key players on those teams who also are refusing to be in the game)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #36
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
here's my point of view. If you can't have everyone on the classic team (at least all the big names) then don't do it at all. It's almost a slap in the face that way. better to not have them and take that time to focus on making the other teams better. take the time to do graphical upgrades, or make more features. either do it big, or don't do it.
Who's to say that adding these 2 teams some how took away time from other features such as graphics? I'd prefer them to have added two other teams with a more complete roster but I don't see how the addition of just two teams could some how hinder the development of other features. This is a big studio that has multiple teams working in different facets of the game at the same time.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #37
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
Yeah I agree. I know its the players who decline being in the game, and if they do, its almost like why even bother. Why not then give us a classic Pacer team without Miller and the 93 Suns without Barkley too(unless there is multiple key players on those teams who also are refusing to be in the game)?
We'll never know the reasons why. What if the decision about Sheed to be excluded was delivered late? You have all these man hours from artists, designers, producers, animators to put the team together, does it make sense to cut the whole thing? Not in my mind. Luckily 2K has this great CAP system so that I can put him in myself; hopefully they have his anims created, and if not, NBD.

A similar situation happened with Webber, only difference being they originally had him on the classic team from one year (and one DLC before that IIRC), then the next year he was gone from the team and I created him myself, then the next year the whole team was gone. Maybe same thing will happen with the Blazers, maybe next year you'll get your wish and the whole team will be gone, does that sound like a good solution to you?
Old 09-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
We'll never know the reasons why. What if the decision about Sheed to be excluded was delivered late? You have all these man hours from artists, designers, producers, animators to put the team together, does it make sense to cut the whole thing? Not in my mind. Luckily 2K has this great CAP system so that I can put him in myself; hopefully they have his anims created, and if not, NBD.

A similar situation happened with Webber, only difference being they originally had him on the classic team from one year (and one DLC before that IIRC), then the next year he was gone from the team and I created him myself, then the next year the whole team was gone. Maybe same thing will happen with the Blazers, maybe next year you'll get your wish and the whole team will be gone, does that sound like a good solution to you?
Preach, my friend.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #39
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Why even bother adding the team if you can't get everyone?
Old 09-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

2k needs to get back in that 2k11, 2k12 mindset.. Where they do things that everyone will love and not such polarizing implements. Like implementing AUTHENTIC classic teams that about anybody would love as a bball fan, or a real time created Jordan layup and dunk package that everyone would enjoy added.. Instead of implementing 30 minutes of myplayer cut scenes that some will like some will hate, and virtual currency being available which some will hate some will like..

It's just always such polarizing ideas now. Just do us hardcore NBA fans some good ones!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »