Home

There is nothing wrong with the CPU on-ball defense. Here are some tips....

This is a discussion on There is nothing wrong with the CPU on-ball defense. Here are some tips.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #33
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: There is nothing wrong with the CPU on-ball defense. Here are some tips....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaXmius101
Honestly..ain't that a going over a pick? To me the defender step through and then SLIDE HOPPING to cut you off. Plus what are you trying to do with that slow dribbling..please use better angles to make dribble penetration.
I agree. You have to get as close to the screener as possible.

My concern is that Lillard is a bad defender and always gets caught up on screens IRL.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I'm with 24, some of ya'll overexaggerate the **** of stuff in the game. Hyperbole reigns supreme around these parts lol.
Why then, is so much time wasted addressing these people. We know who they are. The "How Do I Get Past The CPU" thread shows a number of of people who fit that description and folks who were in that category but eventually changed their tune after using the advise they were given.

There are people here posting reasonable opinions about defense this year. They acknowledge that it's good but at the same time also point out that there some nagging issues that, if addressed could make things even better. The videos they've posted show legitimate areas of concern (not borderline or fringe issues) :

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=857514

NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

I'm having a hard time understanding why it's so difficult to filter out the obvious nonsense some people are posting and then have a conversation about the legitimate issues being raised.

Last edited by Scofield; 09-29-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #35
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Let me say this. Beating defenders off the dribble one on one occupies much smaller portions of real team's offenses in real life than some posters realise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
also who is saying sliding/warping shouldn't be patched?

that's an obvious glitch and should be fixed, however it is hardly common maybe I'll see it 1 or 2 times a game if any. Most of the time if I can't get past a defender it's my fault which is how it should be
More like one or two a possession. Haha
Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I agree. You have to get as close to the screener as possible.

My concern is that Lillard is a bad defender and always gets caught up on screens IRL.
I'm not even trying to go against the complainers.. just trying to quote on the vid. And for lillard, leave that for rosters editing.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
Why then, is so much time wasted addressing these people. We know who they are. The "How Do I Get Past The CPU" thread shows a number of of people who fit that description and folks who were in that category but eventually changed their tune after using the advise they were given.

There are people here posting reasonable opinions about defense this year. They acknowledge that it's good but at the same time also point out that there some nagging issues that, if addressed could make things even better. The videos they've posted show legitimate areas of concern (not borderline or fringe issues) :

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=857514

NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

I'm having a hard time understanding why it's so difficult to filter out the obvious nonsense some people are posting and then have a conversation about the legitimate issues being raised.
It's quite simple, because it is being over accentuated that the defense is bad and it's CONSTANT sliding and warping. Simply put, that's not the case.

The people that enjoy the defense ADMIT there is a SMALL issue with warping yet if it compromised the defense advancements this year, we would gladly leave as is.

The people on the other end are just sayin PATCH PATCH PATCH! It's being over emphasized which yields overly dumbed down patches.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I feel as though people that are having success understand real ball and probably even play it and understand the concept of how to utilize hesitation, size-ups, picks, screens ect.

I think the people that are having trouble are the ones that wiggled the stick with one crossover dribble like that fools anybody in real life and expecting results. Being crossed in real life takes a series of moves, hesitations, head fakes and angles. I like that 2K16 has made it that way oppose to being crossed by such juvenile predicable moves.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #39
Pro

Ppl just want to be able to drive past the defense every time. And when they can't it's an issue. I don't think anything is wrong. I think ppl just want a successful iso 100% of the time which is never the case. I just hope 2k doesn't make offense easierv this year. It's pretty decent where it is.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
It's quite simple, because it is being over accentuated that the defense is bad and it's CONSTANT sliding and warping. Simply put, that's not the case.

The people that enjoy the defense ADMIT there is a SMALL issue with warping yet if it compromised the defense advancements this year, we would gladly leave as is.

The people on the other end are just sayin PATCH PATCH PATCH! It's being over emphasized which yields overly dumbed down patches.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I feel as though people that are having success understand real ball and probably even play it and understand the concept of how to utilize hesitation, size-ups, picks, screens ect.

I think the people that are having trouble are the ones that wiggled the stick with one crossover dribble like that fools anybody in real life and expecting results. Being crossed in real life takes a series of moves, hesitations, head fakes and angles. I like that 2K16 has made it that way oppose to being crossed by such juvenile predicable moves.
My issue is that poor defenders lock down the same as good ones. If a slow post player gets mismatches onto a quick guard, the bumping and morphing prevents you from exploiting the mismatch. Everyone wants to say "Take what the defense gives you." And while I love that mentality (I coach basketball so I'm constantly looking for stuff like this), the bumping and morphing really keeps you from utilizing that mindset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »