Home

I'm trying real hard to enjoy Centers and PFs, but I can't.

This is a discussion on I'm trying real hard to enjoy Centers and PFs, but I can't. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm trying real hard to enjoy Centers and PFs, but I can't.

1. When usering on defense, they manage to lose position (remarkably) even if you're playing in between man and basket.

2. They're slow as sloths at trying to do guard their man on defense, ESPECIALLY on the fastbreak.

3. They can't keep the ball from getting stolen after 1-2 seconds of working the post.

Those are the 3 biggest issues as far as trying to comply with Centers and Power Forwards in this game. These issues cost me on average around 20 points on defense and it's very annoying.

If there is a silver lining, it's the fact that they have God like reflexes at defending passes in the paint when they're CPU controlled. But that's it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I'm trying real hard to enjoy Centers and PFs, but I can't.

Can't agree, it's a lot of fun being a center this year....I'm still relatively low rated and still make an impact.....

1) increase your lateral movement attribute....I worked on mine today and can already tell a big difference....also I'd keep defensive assist at 0

2) they are slow, as they should be....just have to know when the possession is over and hustle back down court

3) this is being patched but the advice that was given by a dev in the mean time was to use the fake pass to secure possession. I just remembered this today and need to practice it....can't speak on its effectiveness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 02:48 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

few pointers

1.Be patient on offense and defense
2. Play at angles defensively on the perimeter
3. Try your best to keep your body between the man and the basket
4. Practice boxing out
5. Kickouts if the paint is cluttered or approaching Double teams
6. Nothing wrong with resetting on offense .
7. Understand the caps. If a guy is dunking all over you force him outside his shot will be weaker .
8. Get the right badges .
9. Play with good teammates who understand your style
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Make an undersized power forward, I have one that's 6'7" and he's been more fun to use than my higher rated center. I maxed out his defense, outside shooting, and athleticism and what happens is that I can guard SG/SF on the perimeter and in the paint they gave me an 85 in strength and my interior Defense is either A or A+ while my perimeter D is A-. I've had some monster games where I'm matched up with a 7'3" center in pro am and he can't post me up, and on offense I fly down the court or run him off screens all game. I can't wait to put more points into playmaker so that I can grab defensive boards and push the break without turning it over.

He's basically a Draymond Green but with more offense.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:57 AM   #5
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Having a good center and running simple pick n rolls with him trivialize games so much. Been going on mean winning streaks at rival parks in weekend. Good screens, interior defense and extra boards mean so much in this game. Besides centers/pfs can do really well with hook shots and up'n'under moves, if there were no steals it'd be overpowered imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #6
Rookie

My only beef with being a PF is not so much they are slow I can understand that, but they move around like someone who is 86 years old
Old 10-20-2015, 05:22 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by logieuk
My only beef with being a PF is not so much they are slow I can understand that, but they move around like someone who is 86 years old

Not when they're 6'7" my lateral quickness is 76 I think, my rebound isn't maxed out yet but I play with a big center & SF that clean up the boards, so I'm going to work on that, I average about 8 a game in pro am with my small PF.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #8
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Make an undersized power forward, I have one that's 6'7" and he's been more fun to use than my higher rated center. I maxed out his defense, outside shooting, and athleticism and what happens is that I can guard SG/SF on the perimeter and in the paint they gave me an 85 in strength and my interior Defense is either A or A+ while my perimeter D is A-. I've had some monster games where I'm matched up with a 7'3" center in pro am and he can't post me up, and on offense I fly down the court or run him off screens all game. I can't wait to put more points into playmaker so that I can grab defensive boards and push the break without turning it over.

He's basically a Draymond Green but with more offense.
Sounds like Charles Barkley to me...

I'm not ready to start a big man yet but I look forward to doing so with John Havlicek as my template.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »