Home

My League vs. My GM

This is a discussion on My League vs. My GM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My League vs. My GM

So, I saw someone posted the differences, and maybe I'm not looking at this correctly, but after being a strictly MY GM player I'm wondering what the reasoning someone would have to do a MY GM over My League. Seems like they're the same, My League just has more features. Can someone help me out on why someone who pick My GM over My League? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
Banned

Re: My League vs. My GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
So, I saw someone posted the differences, and maybe I'm not looking at this correctly, but after being a strictly MY GM player I'm wondering what the reasoning someone would have to do a MY GM over My League. Seems like they're the same, My League just has more features. Can someone help me out on why someone who pick My GM over My League? Thanks!

Curious about that too.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Unless it's changed radically, MyGM puts you in position of GM. You're not just in control of rosters and players (like MyLeague) you're looking after staff/finances etc. You use VC to unlock skills and bonuses. It's got some light RPG elements. Also, it's more interactive. As GM you are in constant dialogue with players, staff and other GMs.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
Pro

Saro1's Arena

My League vs. My GM

I play MyLeague just because minutes and statistics are optimized to simulated minutes. This there isn't in MyGM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
I play MyLeague just because minutes and statistics are optimized to simulated minutes. This there isn't in MyGM.
Sorry I don't know what you mean here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
I enjoyed the aspect of being in total control of everything about my franchise, I liked the set goals, the fact that market makes a difference to the cap, the very light financial part of MyGM, the improvements you can make to you arena, the coaches having badges as it helped the coaches a little different, the players complaining and to an extent the little interviews.

MyLeague imo is a much better mode just due to the fact you can negate a lot of the terrible decisions that the A.I does indeed make which to me kind of bring down MyGM
Old 10-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

No watching your team play in My GM which was a turn off for me. I don't have 2 controllers so I can't do that trick!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Sorry I don't know what you mean here.
In MyLeague if you play 5 minute quarters you can set it up to optimizer the stats as if you're playing 12 min quarters. Therefore making stats and game scores similar to simmed games by cpu teams and more realistic overall.

This cannot be done in MyGM.

For the OP. The biggest difference is the little cut scenes. Sitting down with a player and actually seeing the conversations unfold instead of just generic pop up messages, the interaction with the owner and the other GMs. Doing press conferences and being set goals to achieve for the season.

That's just my opinion though.

I enjoy both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »