Home

I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

This is a discussion on I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #49
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I must be missing something guys, maybe yall can help me out.

My experience with this mode has not been good. I cannot stop people from scoring in the paint. I played with the Bulls, set POE to protect the paint, play solid on-ball defense to prevent the drive....the whole nine.

But every game it seems like they just easily throw the ball into the paint over my defenders and get easy layups. It even has me questioning whether this is really on Superstar/Sim.

I dont have this problem in other online modes. What am i doing wrong?
Do you play hands up defense? It causes A LOT of missed shots inside and it will even get you some blocks. Also if you time the steal button right your player will smack the ball out of the offensive players hand just as he begins to jump for a layup.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 AM   #50
Rookie

jcwkings's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
thank you tired of my lowly Kings going up against Cavs and Rockets every game
I run with the Kings too, what kind of lineup do you use.

I have found that Collison, Bellinelli, Gay, WCS, Cousins is my best unit. With a bench of Rondo, McLemore, Casspi, one of Gay or Cousins and Koufos as the bench. 9 man rotation.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 AM   #51
Rookie

Coldbilly's Arena

OVR: 0

Aye Played two Games Won Against Tha Bum *** Heat nd Shocked Tha Over rated *** Clip Joint!! Aye Online is back Like it Neva Left!!! You Cheese Cavs, OKC Nd GS Ya Done Tryin 2 Steal Wins!!!! Lls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 12:18 AM   #52
Rookie

Coldbilly's Arena

I will Play Anybody Except You ****in Chesse Bums!!! Oh its A Wrap for Me, I Finally Slayed a Bumass Clippers User plus wit tha Same Color Jerseys$! **** you Cheese Players Cavs, Okc, Rockets, GSW, You a Bum!!! #YouBumYou
Old 10-07-2015, 01:22 AM   #53
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I must be missing something guys, maybe yall can help me out.

My experience with this mode has not been good. I cannot stop people from scoring in the paint. I played with the Bulls, set POE to protect the paint, play solid on-ball defense to prevent the drive....the whole nine.

But every game it seems like they just easily throw the ball into the paint over my defenders and get easy layups. It even has me questioning whether this is really on Superstar/Sim.

I dont have this problem in other online modes. What am i doing wrong?

I couldn't tell you man......I play with the Heat/Spurs- only POE changers I make are protect the paint and play physical. I usually hold my own paint wise in the half court...my bigs intercept a lot of balls that are forced in...

As far as exploits go, the fast break spam is what gives me the most trouble.. If I get some OKC user who is good at it, I set my shot contest to always....beat them to their spot on the FB and will 8/10 get a quality contest without fouling....

This has been working pretty well for me personally.....it's the equivalent OF guys spamming drag/ out post routes in Madden....you kind of have just have to prepare for it and put yourself in position to stop it...until there's A possible fix for it. Just happened to beat an OKC user in OT...they stopped forcing the FB by the 3rd...

Still been a good experience for me online so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 04:43 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Been fun for me far beyond that....been winning regardless....

i have to say that i played my first real cavs cheeser yesterday night and can t contain him.
was the bucks vs cavs, i just cant stop the fast break and lebron making circus shot and drawing fouls, i made all the adjusment nescessary, play a slow tempo game but every time he gets a rebound/ interception ... turboing is way

against sim opponenet it's brilliant but that game was just not fun at all don t care about losing.
don t want talk patch for the moment... maybe i don't defend it right ... but any tips would be appreciated on how to deal with that
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 AM   #55
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
i have to say that i played my first real cavs cheeser yesterday night and can t contain him.
was the bucks vs cavs, i just cant stop the fast break and lebron making circus shot and drawing fouls, i made all the adjusment nescessary, play a slow tempo game but every time he gets a rebound/ interception ... turboing is way

against sim opponenet it's brilliant but that game was just not fun at all don t care about losing.
don t want talk patch for the moment... maybe i don't defend it right ... but any tips would be appreciated on how to deal with that

I hear you man....can't say I haven't lost to the same types of Cavs players...al we can do is manage until the dev team (hopefully) comes up with a solution...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 05:41 AM   #56
Just started!

Played my 1st game of this mode tonight. Got absolutely destroyed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »