Home

NBA 2K16 Right stick hesitations broken

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Right stick hesitations broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 Right stick hesitations broken

What's up with dribbling this year? Last year it at least worked and you're able to launch out of it.

That's horribly slow, and even if you manage to hook the defense you can't take advantage.

Why should I use that when I can do this instead, which is way more effective?

So then what's the point of right stick hesitations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Icon6 Re: NBA 2K16 Right stick hesitations broken

This is exactly what pisses me off. Hesitations are supposed to be used to read your opponents defense. But they last so long and you can't even lauch off them which makes them useless. I've got absolutely no idea why they kept that second clip 0mph to 100mph left joystick crossover. They are forcing us to play so basic, people that don't even use or never have used the right joystick are suddenly gods. They also replaced hard hesitations with extra cheesy 0 to 100 mph sizeups. (RT + right or left using right joystick) they made the game less realistic and better for park cheese gamers.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K16 Right stick hesitations broken

I don't know man. I've had no problems exploding out of a hesitation. What's you're ball handling rating? That could be the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Depends on the ball handler...

I guess it's by design since everyone's was pretty universally fast last year. Here's the difference between Parker and Kawhis

https://vid.me/ZzKB

Old 10-14-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
What's up with dribbling this year? Last year it at least worked and you're able to launch out of it.

That's horribly slow, and even if you manage to hook the defense you can't take advantage.

Why should I use that when I can do this instead, which is way more effective?

So then what's the point of right stick hesitations?

You have to increase your playmaking attribute. Your ball handling has to be at least 70.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 02:40 AM   #6
Rookie

I actually have more success online with the left stick hez instead of the right stick, even though I now can do both. Right stick just takes too long and is too obvious.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:46 AM   #7
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

If your regular hezzy isn't good try using the escape hezzy(RS diagonally away from the ball hand). I have to use that with Kemba because every dribble move outside of his sizeups are god awful.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:52 AM   #8
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not sure what your culprit is here but ratings and badges do matter. I understand your premise somewhat : why are you quick out of the sizeup hesitation that you interrupt but dloe out of the standard ISO right stick hesitation?

I have experienced the sluggish ISO hesitation with my MP but outside of him I can feel it better on other NBA players like Lillard.

It does seem like faulty programming to have it play out THAT slow but these are the graces blessed to us by virtue of ratings and badges and until you get those up: you settle for the crumbs.

I'm OK with it to this extent because I digress that I don't have the playmaking ability to perform that move like the elite ball handlers but I do have other moves I can go to. The spin is also horribly clanky for me and is a move I must avoid because it has such a high fail rate with my MP.

My Player is 6'6" SG, Balanced, 185lb - Playmaker is at 15 bars but handles are still inferior. I do have the hesitation badge and I use it to shoot of the dribble primarily but it does lead to drives as well. I do not have the spin kingpin but I can surmise that the badge would help me to be more effective.

Is ISO hesitation broken? Not in my experience - is what you are experiencing an isolated issue? I believe so, I think your player needs more abilities and badges like killer crossover.

CAPS have limited all of us in My Career 2k16

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »