Home

MyPlayer: Teammates play Anemic Defense. Anyway to fix?

This is a discussion on MyPlayer: Teammates play Anemic Defense. Anyway to fix? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPlayer: Teammates play Anemic Defense. Anyway to fix?

So I'm a PG on the Bucks playing Superstar Default. I play really well on offense and efficiently, but we struggle to win because the CPU is brain-dead on defense. Completely forget their man on cuts, refusing to close out, guarding no one on the fast break, refusing to contest jumpshots on player they are directly guarding, etc. My teammates even perform pretty well on offense and make shots reasonably.

Is their any sort of setting I can change where my team will play reasonable defense? It's frustrating losing constantly 125-120
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: MyPlayer: Teammates play Anemic Defense. Anyway to fix?

Things like that is why I don't play MyCareer more than let's say 10 games each year since it came out in 2k11...
Old 10-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

The ideal solution would be to change to All Star difficulty and use custom sliders. I've found AI behavior more realistic on All Star, but default Sim sliders are a bit too easy. So for MyLeague, I actually like it better on All Star with Custom sliders - turn down Player shooting, turn up CPU shooting, and other similar adjustments to make it more difficult.

Obviously you can't adjust sliders MyCareer, so we're left with the same issues MyCareer has had for years. Though it does seem better this year than last. Still needs a lot of work though.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
The ideal solution would be to change to All Star difficulty and use custom sliders. I've found AI behavior more realistic on All Star, but default Sim sliders are a bit too easy. So for MyLeague, I actually like it better on All Star with Custom sliders - turn down Player shooting, turn up CPU shooting, and other similar adjustments to make it more difficult.

Obviously you can't adjust sliders MyCareer, so we're left with the same issues MyCareer has had for years. Though it does seem better this year than last. Still needs a lot of work though.
I actually think last year's MyCareer was more enjoyable than this years. I don't remember AI being THIS stupid in 2k15.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #5
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Taron
So I'm a PG on the Bucks playing Superstar Default. I play really well on offense and efficiently, but we struggle to win because the CPU is brain-dead on defense. Completely forget their man on cuts, refusing to close out, guarding no one on the fast break, refusing to contest jumpshots on player they are directly guarding, etc. My teammates even perform pretty well on offense and make shots reasonably.

Is their any sort of setting I can change where my team will play reasonable defense? It's frustrating losing constantly 125-120
My tips for you and others:
1) don't play at HOF unless you prepare yourself to play game like its classic videogame (reading game mechanics instead of playing bbal);
2) Have defensive anchor badge(18 defense tab upgrades) or have teammate with such badge, better to have it yourself of course.
3) If teammates are failing on offense take it on your hands, run pick'n'roll or iso yourself,more difficult to stop opponents after no score possessions;
4) Getting hot on defense makes teammates do better on D as well, try to get blocks on help D when cpu preparing to shot with last seconds of shot clock.
5) Team chemistry is big factor, you can check it at "connections" menu . Use "hang with teammates" off days activity to increase it if needed. Big different how your teammates play with 50vs80+ chemistry.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »