Home

Yet More Defensive Issues In NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on Yet More Defensive Issues In NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Yet More Defensive Issues In NBA 2K16

http://www.twitch.tv/bhl19994/v/22629483

*SIGH* I admit played pretty badly on offense in this game. I got frustrated at the BS so I started forcing things but I noticed a couple things while playing this game.

1. So apparently the new thing is to back down players in the post and pump fake until they jump. In fact I had a sequence in one possession where the game MADE me jump even though my finger was nowhere near the Y button. I also had sequences where the player's pump fakes actually moved me out of position. Why do they do this? Well simple, because if you pump fake enough times (maybe even once in some circumstances) the CPU WILL eventually bite. I had a game where I played a Spurs user, and on two occasions he literally pump faked once and my CPU controlled LeBron would bite and foul him for the jumpshot. Yes, I couldn't switch to manually guard LeBron fast enough and in that sequence the CPU control player actually bit for the pump fake.

2. Yet another thing that's broken on defense. The Deny ball setting does NOT work. Watch the point in the video where I put Harden, Beverly and Ariza on deny and watch how their players still leave them to help.

3. Players constantly lose their man and switch for no reason, this especially happens after you score and you're players are jogging back on defense.

4. If somehow the CPU manages to help out on defense they will probably end up fouling.

5. Time to tone down the CPU on ball defense at least for the sake of punishing off ball players. I can't believe 2K actually thought the community was stupid enough to believe that the defense in this game was improved just because it is harder to blow by the CPU. No the "defense" is completely terrible. The only thing they did was make it harder to hit shots.

6. Defensive awareness is so bad that your players won't even react to loose balls.

Really?

Here is another video showcasing another played using this um..."strategy."

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 10-26-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #2
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Yet More Defensive Issues In NBA 2K16

Lets not forget passing right into defenders with no consequence

Old 10-27-2015, 05:42 AM   #3
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm convinced it was a lie as well. Haven't uploaded the video but i lost to a couple people just dribbling in circles no need for the right stick just turbo around a pick and Jack contested shots like you don't care.

It's awful.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Lets not forget passing right into defenders with no consequence

This has been my biggest pet peeve With this series for the past 5 years . That is a horrible pass and some ppl do it all freaking game

But soon as you play the CPU you can't even pass it without a psychic steal by the CPU
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I'm convinced it was a lie as well. Haven't uploaded the video but i lost to a couple people just dribbling in circles no need for the right stick just turbo around a pick and Jack contested shots like you don't care.

It's awful.

I wouldn't call it a lie, but whatever improvement there was beyond CPU perimeter bumping seems to be minimally impactful, and took some steps backwards in certain areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Good post. Way to have evidence supporting your claim. Defense in this game needs work. In default style and simulation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »