Home

Post Patch On-Ball Defense

This is a discussion on Post Patch On-Ball Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post Patch On-Ball Defense

Ive been saying the same thing in my threads.

Im also using the pistons .

Lost my last 10 games after snagging each trophy up to Nba league all by an average of 10 points

Some of the things im seeing is absurd obvious rigging .
Old 11-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #10
Banned

I'm not having problems at all. Honestly murdering people online post patch with my D.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
anybody can get to the rim on anybody given the right momentum and angle. you seem to want to complain rather than try suggestions. Stop playing tight as much, use the moderate setting, double on post threats...or dont. *Shrugs*
Sure. I'll take your advice.

But you still haven't answered my question about post defense, where there is an obvious issue and momentum isn't too much of a factor. In what world should it make sense for me to double, for example, Anderson Varejao when I'm guarding him with Andre Drummond? There is no way that an offensive player should be rewarded for repeatedly using the baseline spin move where the defender beats the offensive player to the spot.

So, what, then, would be your advice?

(Again, I'll offer a demonstration on how ridiculously easy offense has become. Feel free to add me. If you can stop me with on-ball defense consistently, I'll stop, as you say, "complaining.")

Last edited by ESRyder312; 11-14-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

I must say the perimeter defense is a little too physical at times in this game in 2k needed to find a way to show users they are controlling someone before the low on ball defense of IQ rating. I hope this works to wear a player like Tony Allen will have it easier then a horrible defender like Jeremy Lin
Old 11-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #13
Rookie

To be clear, I'm not stating concerns about defense only. In the same token, I shouldn't be able to consistently blow by LeBron with Marcus Morris.

This patch has effectively removed the need for any skill, strategy, or common sense from the offense. Instead of forcing players to learn the game, and string together effective offensive moves, or run plays to get open, players can now sit on the turbo button on their way to the rim.

Honestly, most people who play this game have little skill, sense of strategy, or otherwise. So, what you have now is people who don't know basketball, never played a lick in their entire lives, or otherwise have any experience with basketball, able to just run around defenders like they're inanimate objects.

Why play sim when I could just hold turbo and easily get around the defender? Why even run plays if I don't need to do anything to get an open look?

I was fine with the defense the way it was. I still was able to consistently get open looks. Why? Because I took the time to learn the game.

If anyone here is concerned with my credentials, and whether I can read defenses, predict angles, or otherwise, I played basketball at the collegiate level. I started on a team that won a conference championship the years I played. So, I think I know what I'm talking about when I say I can read angles.

Should Sim Bhullar be able to stop Russell Westbrook? No. Should a defensive player almost always win a matchup regardless of their actual talent and skill? No.

I'm saying there needs to be a balance. If the defense at launch was too strong for some of you, fine. I'll accept that, as I know the talent level of the average player. But is the answer to that issue removing all defensive effectiveness?

Let's be reasonable.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #14
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

You can still D people up. Apparently you're not as good as you think.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
You can still D people up. Apparently you're not as good as you think.
Apparently, you lack reading comprehension, as the first line in my last post reads as follows: "To be clear, I'm not stating concerns about defense only. In the same token, I shouldn't be able to consistently blow by LeBron with Marcus Morris."

As of now, I can easily and consistently blow by Steph Curry with Steve Blake online. This is a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Listen, I was one of the ones that had reservations about OBD being tweaked, I wasn't having issues getting past guys...

What I do think the change benefits are mid post face up players like BG. Since there wasn't much operating room the stickiness was a lot more apparent I didn't feel like I could dominate in this area...so I like that aspect.

SO FAR it doesn't feel OVERBOARD - and I definitely don't agree with the idea they completely took skill out of it....I still felt LBJ's pressure playing with Melo...

It's early though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »