Home

How to stop the transitions (My version)

This is a discussion on How to stop the transitions (My version) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to stop the transitions (My version)

If you see your opp with a very athletic team (Cavs/Thunder/Warriors) buckle up and get ready for a cheese fest. (G.O.A.T ranking)

They will most likely will try to take advantage of the team speed and athleticism, most people i played never run plays all they try to do is go up and down the court and try to get the easy points.

Your goal is to make them play a halfcourt game, once you get them to do that, you pretty much won the game, they have no choice but to ISO with their star players, play on and off ball for help defense.

You need good user skills and Basketball IQ

To stop the transition you want to force the PG/SG/SF to the middle by putting

Force Direction
PG - Middle
SG - Middle
SF - Middle
PF - Baseline
C - Baseline

Sag off
PF (unless Love)
C

Most cheeser will try to go baseline, this will put the defender in a shading animation forcing the ballhander in the middle where helping defenders will be waiting for him, I click on the strong side defender to manual double, this will cause alot of turnovers cause your opp will be holding down the sprint buttom (I force 10-15 turnovers a game) loosing the ball while doing a dribble move or forcing a bad pass...

Once you force him to the middle, get ready to cover the C or PF, thats their 2nd option, if they cant go baseline they will try to pass to the C/PF for a standing layup.

The more players with the interceptor badges the better, I play with the Pacers alot and get alot of tips ball when they try to pass inside.

Most people will tell you to play halfcourt press, you can do it sometimes but not all cause the Westbrooks/Durant will fly right pass you causing the AI to bring the C and PF to help on the drive, thus leaving their man for a open dunk.

Yes, you do have to manual Sprint your PF or C back under the rim and click on the SF or SG to double..

This is how I win most of my games, you dont need good onball defenders just rotate your players manual cause the AI will act stupid sometimes.

Slow the game down will really piss your opp off, playing a slow tempo game will make them lose their confident and play sloppy.

Last edited by Law504; 01-07-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »