Home

CPU time of possession, fb points and clock management

This is a discussion on CPU time of possession, fb points and clock management within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU time of possession, fb points and clock management

Every year the game changes. But there's one aspect of the game which has never changed: CPU's pace and clock management. Considering an average game i feel the user (at least in my experience) tends to tie or beat the AI in terms of fastbreak points but the lowest time of possession always belongs to the opponent. We all know the AI tends not to walk the ball up court, except some teams. No doubt it is a factor. Looking at those numbers it's easy to find the problem. A user whose play style is close to real life basketball uses the shot clock better and it's a matter of fact.

Have you the sensation that the AI tends to take the very first available shot every single time regardless of ACE and POEs? The AI is frenetic even with patient offense. And i think it's a key aspect for future iterations and it's also the reason why many players find this game easy.

Guys, are you seeing some sort of extra passes?

Last edited by sirio994; 12-27-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: CPU time of possession, fb points and clock management

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
Every year the game changes. But there's one aspect of the game which has never changed: CPU's pace and clock management. Considering an average game i feel the user (at least in my experience) tends to tie or beat the AI in terms of fastbreak points but the lowest time of possession always belongs to the opponent. We all know the AI tends not to walk the ball up court, except some teams. No doubt it is a factor. Looking at those numbers it's easy to find the problem. A user whose play style is close to real life basketball uses the shot clock better and it's a matter of fact.

Have you the sensation that the AI tends to take the very first available shot every single time regardless of ACE and POEs? The AI is frenetic even with patient offense. And i think it's a key aspect for future iterations and it's also the reason why many players find this game easy.

Guys, are you seeing some sort of extra passes?
I've found that the CPU AI tends to look for the first opportunity in the half court and if you take away their initial look they run the offense. For example...when I play Memphis, Conley will bring the ball up and swing it to the wing while Randolph post's up. If I front Randolph with a guard and take away that passing lane the CPU will look for another options within that set. So a lot of times it's taking away that first look that makes the CPU AI play with more ball possession.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: CPU time of possession, fb points and clock management

Not in my experience. It's the opposite. My time of possession is lower than theirs! They tend to eat the whole shot clock. I play fast and get my shot off within 10 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »