Home

Gameplay issues unrelated to "momentum code" or transition D.

This is a discussion on Gameplay issues unrelated to "momentum code" or transition D. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Gameplay issues unrelated to "momentum code" or transition D.

There are issues that I can't help but cringe at while I play this game, and I know the momentum changer is a topic of huge controversy, so I won't talk about that. But here are other issues I feel that don't get near enough attention.

1. Fast break mid range shot are bricks every time. Why am I forced to throw up a bad layup when the mid range fast break shot goes in 5% of the time?

2. Phantom rebounds. Only occurs when I manually go for an offensive rebound, and you clearly feel the vibration that you've secured it, but the other team ends up with the ball anyway.

3. Cpu stalls or doesn't even follow the direction of play art when directed. An example: I'm running the flex offense, and the man in the corner refuses to run the baseline as my Center sets a screen for him. This is painful as there is only about 18 seconds for you to work with once you inbound the ball and pass half court.

4. Where's the consistency in online jumpshooting? This is more of a personal problem, but I can't help but wonder why my opponents are scoring their open buckets and my guys are bricking them. Are you supposed to guess the delay? Do you just base it off the shooting animation in real time? I don't know what I'm doing wrong because there's no way Carmelo and Kawhi Leonard go for a combined 3-14 on jumpshots in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gameplay issues unrelated to "momentum code" or transition D.

Shooting seems to be very dependent on your television lag. I was playing on a new lg and had to mess with the release timing but it never really worked under pressure. I switched to an older sharp and the lag seems to be almost zero. This makes a huge difference.

The way I judge the lag is on a free throw. If I release the stick when the meter is dead center and it stops center your lag is low. You may be adjusting your timing subconsciously but you know when you release on time.

Can't speak for fast break mid range shots, but can say all of your shots seem to effected by the momentum. The problem is I rarely make note of my makes, when they are expected. I do however notice the cpu opponent missing those same shots when my team is hot. I roll my eyes on those also.

I am in the mist of an evaluation of continued play of this game. My reasons are the animation caused ball collision turnovers and the momentum. Both are too extreme. I am trying to finish my second season before deciding.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
There are issues that I can't help but cringe at while I play this game, and I know the momentum changer is a topic of huge controversy, so I won't talk about that. But here are other issues I feel that don't get near enough attention.

1. Fast break mid range shot are bricks every time. Why am I forced to throw up a bad layup when the mid range fast break shot goes in 5% of the time?

2. Phantom rebounds. Only occurs when I manually go for an offensive rebound, and you clearly feel the vibration that you've secured it, but the other team ends up with the ball anyway.

3. Cpu stalls or doesn't even follow the direction of play art when directed. An example: I'm running the flex offense, and the man in the corner refuses to run the baseline as my Center sets a screen for him. This is painful as there is only about 18 seconds for you to work with once you inbound the ball and pass half court.

4. Where's the consistency in online jumpshooting? This is more of a personal problem, but I can't help but wonder why my opponents are scoring their open buckets and my guys are bricking them. Are you supposed to guess the delay? Do you just base it off the shooting animation in real time? I don't know what I'm doing wrong because there's no way Carmelo and Kawhi Leonard go for a combined 3-14 on jumpshots in a game.
1. happens a lot to me as well. the game really seems to punish you if you don't pass on the fb. i could be running with mj on the break, with rodman at my side. the logical thing to do would be to pull up for the j and rodman is there for the rebound, but nah the game doesn't see it that way.

2. the funniest part about it is how the announcer says 'gets his own rebound', like it was supposed to happen but the game says naaaah.

3. yup. there's also to urgency to post up, or get open on a mid range or 3 point play when the clock is about to buzz.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Pro

I am disappointed with transition pull-ups, doesn't matter if it's midrange or three pointer they seem to go in at very low rate for me, back in the days on old gen i was enjoying putting up transition pull-ups with guys like Kobe, Durant, Westbrook..now it looks clunky, it feels clunky and the worst part 1/10 goes in..and i say it after numerous tries in practice mode !
Old 01-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19

Number three is one thing I can't stand about this game. I know a play in the GSW playbook that gets bad defenders trailing before Steph gets a pin down but often times he forgets how to run around the screen and gives his man an opportunity to get back in the play. Screeners need to set screens on defenders and not spots on the floor and the cutter needs to hesitating and pausing. Even when I get the open shot I never feel comfortable taking it , even with Curry. In real life he would use the hop to get squared to the basket when coming off pin downs, it allows him to get off his quick release. In this game he will jack a fadeaway if he's curling and you want to get a quick shot.

https://youtu.be/GoKo4XD7R4s if you don't know what the hop is then you will see it on all of his catch and shoot jumpers in this video. Notice the pin down into ball screen action for Klay. That is simply not possible in this game.

Another shooter-related issue I have is that moving shots are penalized too much. It is much easier and quicker to shoot in stride off the dribble (the left stick plus right stick shots) than it is to dribble, stop and pop in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #6
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Another thing, CURRY DOES NOT THROW THE DAMN BALL 15 FEET IN THE AIR ON EVRY SINGLE LAYUP
Old 01-21-2016, 04:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Another thing, CURRY DOES NOT THROW THE DAMN BALL 15 FEET IN THE AIR ON EVRY SINGLE LAYUP

Hmmm I wonder if Curry Layup is the favorite layup that are use in Mypark and Pro-Am.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
If we speak about pure realism and equality of course every layup package should contain high arching layups, 2K thinks that only Curry is capable of high arching floaters and layups lol..my gosh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »