Home

Shooting percentages in 2k19

This is a discussion on Shooting percentages in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Shooting percentages in 2k19

One of the things that annoys me the most about 2k is how unreliable shot attributes are in simulation.

-Marcus Smart, who has a 73 three pointer, along with some other bad three point shooters somehow manage to frequently be shooting somewhere in the high 30s, even low 40s at times

-Lebron is always around 42% from three (81 three pointer, shoots 36% in real life)

-I’ve seen harden anywhere between 45-47% from three (89 three pointer, shoots ~39% in real life)

-Too many guys shoot over 50% from the floor, not enough guys shoot below 40%

-People shoot WAY too high percentages from mid range and close shot range (Resulting in ridiculously high field goal percentages)

-Guys shoot extremely low percentages around the rim (Lebron shoots 78% around the rim in real life, but usually only shoots like 64-67% in simulation with a 98 standing and driving layup and hall of fame relentless finisher)

-Klay along with some other good shooters are always shooting around 47% from three (Klay shoots ~43-44% in real life). If Klay attempted 9-10 threes a game and shot 47% on them in real life, he’d be by far the greatest shooter to ever step foot on an NBA court

-Percentages as a team are terrible. The warriors are always shooting 50%+ from the floor and 40-42%+ from the three point line (Outrageous and unheard of in NBA history)

Is it really that hard to just narrow down the window for how well players can shoot based on their attributes? Why don’t they make it so that players with say a 75 three point attribute can only shoot between 32-35% from three. Guys with like a 77 three can shoot 33-36% and so on.

Anybody else feel the same way or am I being too picky and asking for too much?

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 03-01-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Shooting percentages in 2k19

Guys shoot 70-80% in pro am constantly. Yes, wholeheartedly agree.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
This is where I think percentage caps could come into place. Make it so that Sharpshooters hit like 43-45% if there threes

Of course there’s cold games and hot games, but it would all even out eventually
Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I used to think the same thing, honestly. They’ve seemed to have adjusted something within the game, because guys like Roberson and MKG were consistently hitting open 3 point shots when they had no business doing so. They don’t seem to do that anymore.

Playing solid defense seems to alleviate the insane shooting percentages, but I agree, they can be toned down a BIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
One of the things that annoys me the most about 2k is how unreliable shot attributes are in simulation.

-Marcus Smart, who has a 73 three pointer, along with some other bad three point shooters somehow manage to frequently be shooting somewhere in the high 30s, even low 40s at times

-Lebron is always around 42% from three (81 three pointer, shoots 36% in real life)

-I’ve seen harden anywhere between 45-47% from three (89 three pointer, shoots ~39% in real life)

-Too many guys shoot over 50% from the floor, not enough guys shoot below 40%

-People shoot WAY too high percentages from mid range and close shot range (Resulting in ridiculously high field goal percentages)

-Guys shoot extremely low percentages around the rim (Lebron shoots 78% around the rim in real life, but usually only shoots like 64-67% in simulation with a 98 standing and driving layup and hall of fame relentless finisher)

-Klay along with some other good shooters are always shooting around 47% from three (Klay shoots ~43-44% in real life). If Klay attempted 9-10 threes a game and shot 47% on them in real life, he’d be by far the greatest shooter to ever step foot on an NBA court

-Percentages as a team are terrible. The warriors are always shooting 50%+ from the floor and 40-42%+ from the three point line (Outrageous and unheard of in NBA history)

Is it really that hard to just narrow down the window for how well players can shoot based on their attributes? Why don’t they make it so that players with say a 75 three point attribute can only shoot between 32-35% from three. Guys with like a 77 three can shoot 33-36% and so on.

Anybody else feel the same way or am I being too picky and asking for too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
You guys know why right? lol

They tried to make exactly like what you guys are saying. But the community went crazy. People were complaining all over the place.

Now he threads like this saying it's too easy. It's a no win situation.

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-02-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

They tried to make exactly like what you guys are saying. But the community went crazy. People were complaining all over the place.

Well that might be the case in-game, but they could atleast make MyLeague simulation a bit more realistic.

There’s no reason why guys like Westbrook and Marcus Smart should be shooting in the high 30s - low 40s in my league with guys like Harden shooting nearly 46% from three.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
Rookie

its the Hot spots & badges my guy....Simple
Old 03-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

there actually is a win situation. STOP going so far one way or the other.

have you noticed this jeebs. when people cry, 2k makes a Drastic change. then people cry the other way.

it has to be balanced and realistic.

Here's the truth. when playing the computer or simming computer games. the percentages should be around the real life percentages. thats a fact.

when playing human vs human. especially in a pro am 5 users vs 5 users setup.

DO NOT nerf the shot percentages. Do not Cap them off so i'm forced to a lower percentage.

What you do is simple. if a guy is wet without you in his face. GET IN HIS face. but once the defender does play proper defense, i need that release window to drop by a ton. but still dont make the guy miss. make the window shrink a ton.

lets say the shot going in were the release timing is perfect green when you're wide open =press the button then release it in 30 milliseconds(making this up)

depending on the quality of the defender, his length and how close he is to you and when he closed out while you were taking the jumpshot. I need that release time to shrink , lets say its K.lenard guarding you and he closes out perfectly. i need that release timing to be 5ms. extreme drop off. Lets say if Thon maker closes out on you and you have steph curry but he closed out on time... i need stephs 3 ball to drop to 10 ms. non shooter drop to 5ms vs thon on a great close out. a late or semi late close out by a tall defender like durant 12ms.

if someone is on time but their the height of I.thomas. then 25ms. sorry little dude you aint bothering many people's shots.

NEver MAKE me miss with bogus Caps.

only make the defenders have to pay the price for not guarding me properly. but also make me pay the price for being guarded well and still taking tough shots.

The only people that will still be hitting like crazy are people with fake modded controllers. and you can't do anything about that but ban people once you do the stats and see what the average release timings are for some of the top shooters in 2k19. it will be obvious who's using modded controllers to get those perfect releases regardless of the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »