Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #1921
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

So I just unlocked 126th upgrade after practice . I'm already 95 ovr with on court badge, counted allocated upgrades its really maxed at 125 atm. That's very confusing and frightening at the same time, I don't wanna get banned for "glitching" when I didn't do anything but played mc normally.

You can see on the screenshot , that i got all 125 upgrades and 1 to allocate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161009010650_1.jpg (286.5 KB, 174 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #1922
Rookie

Xuriath's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo13clikke
100% agree, really, Simmons is complete trash, havent found a way to utilize him 25 games in. It sucks, otherwise im having lots of fun with the 76ers with me as PG as Justice as SG. Very good fit, we are 14-11 and im pretty sure well make the playoffs.

It's because right now Simmons can't shoot, he's a great passer and awesome driver. Technically he's Rajon Rondo in a bigger body. So with you playing PG, it kinda renders his position useless. I found use in his dimer badge, letting him run the point, and just playing off ball getting spot up shots, using him in the pick and roll, catching him on fast break opportunities, and saving my energy for the defensive end.

Not only does it work, but it gives me the most realistic playing sessions I've ever had in a 2K game. It's pretty fun not having to always handle all the ball handling duties. Plus, Simmons is a beast Point Forward, if you're open he will find you. He's averaging 17/8/7 with me averaging 21/5/7. It's pretty fun.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #1923
Rookie

Hi guys. I just want to tell you about how I'm approaching My Career this year. I do something a little strange, but it's a lot of fun...

I'm going to show you how you can keep your MyPlayer's attributes balanced and keep them at anew amount relative to a player of your choice.

I first find a legend that I want to emulate and then I keep each of MyPlayer's attributes at a certain percentage of the Legend's attributes that appear on his MyTeam card.

It may sound complicated, but it's not. Here's how you do it:

1. First pick your legend. Let's say I want to recreate Dennis Rodman.

2. Put in his height, weight, archetype, etc. (6'7 220lb Glass Cleaner)

3. Find your legend's top attribute as listed on his card (Rebounding: 91)

4. Find your top attribute. (Rebounding: 60) (not sure what it actually starts off as as a 55OVR but let's say it's 60)

5. Find the percentage your top attribute is of your legend's. (60 is 66% of 91)

You're now going to make a 66% (or whatever % your too stat is) version of your legend

6. Heres where the math kicks in. Youre going to now Make all your attributes equal 66% of your legend's in their respective categories.

(To do this, just multiply .66 by each of your legend's ratings) (75 strength x .66 = 49.5 so I will add points in my strength until it reaches 49 or 50.) Then do this for every attribute.

7. After you do this you will essentially have a 66% version of 84 Dennis Rodman

8. When everything is at 66% of your legend's attributes, add another point in your top stat, then find its percentage and then repeat again for the rest. Now I'll have a 70% Dennis Rodman.

9. Keep repeating this until you reach 100%

The point of progressing your player in this way is so that his attributes are always balanced in a way that is comparable to the legend. So having a 66% Dennis Rodman you essentially have all his stats relative to each other, only you have a 60 Overall version of him. Doing it this way imo is better than just pouring stat points one attribute at a time.

What do you guys think? It's a little bit of work but I found calculating the percentages and researching the Legend's attributes can be really fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #1924
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm really liking MyCareer right now but there are some things they need to change. Got my request to be traded to the Celtics from the Lakers since the Celtics are my team and I wanted to leave anyway.

Me and Justice went there but don't like that it's sticking to the same will Justice be traded and am I going to defend or deflect..we've already been traded get on with it.

My guy is 82 and has gold on all upgradable badges except Mid Range Dead Eye.

BTW I wish we could rebrand teams in MyCareer

Last edited by Sinner; 10-09-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:28 AM   #1925
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
So I just unlocked 126th upgrade after practice . I'm already 95 ovr with on court badge, counted allocated upgrades its really maxed at 125 atm. That's very confusing and frightening at the same time, I don't wanna get banned for "glitching" when I didn't do anything but played mc normally.

You can see on the screenshot , that i got all 125 upgrades and 1 to allocate.
Do you play in the park at all? You can earn 10 more by upping your rep in park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 02:23 AM   #1926
Rookie

Is there a way to separate from justice during free agency? or does he follow you no matter what
Old 10-09-2016, 02:26 AM   #1927
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I'm really liking MyCareer right now but there are some things they need to change. Got my request to be traded to the Celtics from the Lakers since the Celtics are my team and I wanted to leave anyway.

Me and Justice went there but don't like that it's sticking to the same will Justice be traded and am I going to defend or deflect..we've already been traded get on with it.

My guy is 82 and has gold on all upgradable badges except Mid Range Dead Eye. To get VC I made a super team in MyLeague with my Celtics, filled with Legends and just Simcast Live on HOF while watching tv. Switch back during commercials to make sure it's still going.

BTW I wish we could rebrand teams in MyCareer
Yea, how about not tell everybody how you farm VC. That is how stuff gets disabled.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:28 AM   #1928
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
Do you play in the park at all? You can earn 10 more by upping your rep in park.
I do, but I'm not yet superstar level to earn any.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »