Home

**2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

This is a discussion on **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
re: **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Always my favorite thread of the year. I plan on starting with my Celtics this year for the first time in awhile. I'm super pumped about not having to wait on draft classes or uniforms this year. I will probably play a practice game or two, then jump right in this weekend. #LetsGoCeltics

I hate the Celtics with a passion but I loved the way they rebuilt the team after the Big Three era. A possible 50+ win team with that Nets pick isn't fair at all lol.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I'll go with the Lakers to start. Especially with all the new trade features, it'll be interesting to see how I can get (or develop) the star power they need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #11
Banned

Ima start a 30 team one but play with the knicks strictly. This is only so I can fix rotations and stop stupid trades and signings from happening (Example: a superstar going to a bad team) It happens but it's very rare occasion. And I am creating a custom draft class like always (which will have various busts and suprises) to make it funner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Plan on using OKC. May create a dynasty thread.
I'm considering starting a dynasty thread myself. I'm a bit of a tradtionalist so I don't really plan on doing anything too crazy. However, there should be plenty of interesting stories with all of the different ways to play the game (expansion, starting from before the draft, etc.) Some of those dynasty guys are really in-depth with their stories and have awesome look graphics. It's kind of intimidating for a dynasty noob like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab5webber
Rebuilt and won a championship after 10 years with the pistons in 2k11. Brought 2 championships to the magic in 2k14. Last year won 2 with the nets. Tired of rebuilding. I want to see how many chips i can win with this GS durant team.
Normally, I like to choose a team that on the cusp of making the playoffs and try to get them over the hump and beyond. However, this year I'm rolling with my C's who I honestly think have the potential to finish as a 2 or 3 seed in real life. Even though I think that they're a good team the talent gap between the top seeds of each conference is going to be steep. I also think that teams like the Raptors, Pacers and Pistons will provide a nice challenge for the 2nd seed. It will be an interesting year for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
I hate the Celtics with a passion but I loved the way they rebuilt the team after the Big Three era. A possible 50+ win team with that Nets pick isn't fair at all lol.
That's part of the reason I haven't started with them the past few years. They have so many assets that it's easy to build a stacked team. If the Cavs and Warriors are as good as I think they will be, then I don't know if I can overtake either of them even if I added the duo that was rumored this offseason (Westbrook and Griffin... this was before RWB re-upped so it's all but dead now).

It should be fun though. I plan on building the best D in the league and trying to develop Brown and Smart to be the NBA's next dynamic duo. I'll probably dump IT4 once his contract is up. A versatile team like Smart, Bradley, Brown, Crowder and Horford could probably defend a team like GS as well as anyone.... outscoring them is going to be a problem though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

I'm going to run with the Bulls and the first thing I'm doing is trading Rondo for the best thing I can get and develop Grant.

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 09-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #14
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Always my favorite thread of the year. I plan on starting with my Celtics this year for the first time in awhile. I'm super pumped about not having to wait on draft classes or uniforms this year. I will probably play a practice game or two, then jump right in this weekend. #LetsGoCeltics
Celtics!! :

Same here, going to practice for some games and then start MyGM. Not sure if I'm going to do the expansion teams yet or not.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
Normaly I always start either with the Bulls or Lakers but for the first MyLeague this year i will start with an expansion team to see how it goes building a team from the ground up.
YES. Love this idea. You'd have to use some pretty good draft classes though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #16
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm leaving to take a holiday through Europe today!...the day 2k comes out! So my Raptors MyLeague will have too wait!..I'm looking forward too reading through everyones MyLeague progress!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »