Home

Perimeter bumping collision on nba2k17

This is a discussion on Perimeter bumping collision on nba2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Perimeter bumping collision on nba2k17

Nba 2k17 has made some large strides in bringing a virtual simulation of basketball to near perfection...but the defense is still the major factor that keeps the game from achieving that description in nba 2k17...

Perimeter bumping vs hip riding is still greatly skewed towards bumping...
Yes the frequency of calls when collisions occur on superstar has been improved but driving at angels against the defense causes a great deal of bump backs even when the offensive player clearly had the strength and speed advantages...

Futhermore getting a big defend a much quicker guard is still able to overcome the perimeter mismatch and some how lateral quickness is losing to the bigs strenth advantage even when taking angles to try and get around them.....

And for the record i tried adjusting the body up sensitivity to 0 and to 100....and to be honest it still appears to me after serveral test runs to make no real difference even on lower difficulties such as pro....

Advice?

Last edited by kolanji; 09-19-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Perimeter bumping collision on nba2k17

Your best weapon now is if you don't feel like you have the corner on someone to get by, you have to do another RS counter move before getting to the body of that defender. It takes a little work, but if you have a speed/dribbling advantage and time your RS moves, it does help quite a bit.

You'll still run into some overly physical animations, and I agree that more can still be done here to lessen the amount of contact, but I do think it's a big step up from last year where dudes on defense could just run up and ram into you etc. and not be blown for the call. Now it's more that you get those animations when you cause the contact while dribbling.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm getting way more riding animations than bumping. I agree with Chase, when there is a bump, it's usually because I anticipate the defender going for a move, he doesn't, and I initiate the contact.

Despite the fact that my isomotion ability is probably average, I'm getting to the lane at a realistic rate. Nothing highlight worthy, by I'm getting there.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having the same issue. Starting to think I'm holding the left stick at the wrong angle(on absolute). Or do I have to hook the left stick towards the basket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNewYork
I'm having the same issue. Starting to think I'm holding the left stick at the wrong angle(on absolute). Or do I have to hook the left stick towards the basket?

For the most part it's based on relativity to the defender. I don't use absolute, but the general concept is you want to push the left stick towards the outside of the shoulder of the defender you're attacking in many instances. Also the use and non-use of turbo factors into moves as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Your best weapon now is if you don't feel like you have the corner on someone to get by, you have to do another RS counter move before getting to the body of that defender. It takes a little work, but if you have a speed/dribbling advantage and time your RS moves, it does help quite a bit.

You'll still run into some overly physical animations, and I agree that more can still be done here to lessen the amount of contact, but I do think it's a big step up from last year where dudes on defense could just run up and ram into you etc. and not be blown for the call. Now it's more that you get those animations when you cause the contact while dribbling.
Great advice and what ur saying is 100% accurate and i do use this tactic.... but what i was really getting at is that fact that a blow by with a speed and lateral advantage of a guard vs a forward/center on a switch should yield way more blow bys without the mini right stick game......
Old 09-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Because of 2k16 I'm used to letting off the turbo button after I launch, thinking I have to in order to set up my next move. Maybe it's me.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Great advice and what ur saying is 100% accurate and i do use this tactic.... but what i was really getting at is that fact that a blow by with a speed and lateral advantage of a guard vs a forward/center on a switch should yield way more blow bys without the mini right stick game......
So you mean not needing the counter? I think there's certainly some crossover combos and such that yield some blow-bys straight away, I just think it's far more highly dependent on who you're using this season. The straight athletic guys like Wiggins don't get to do as much off the bounce, but the Hardens and Kyries really put on a show in my experiences so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »