Home

The VC issue - perfectly put in words

This is a discussion on The VC issue - perfectly put in words within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The VC issue - perfectly put in words

It's still basically an underhand insult. OS has a strict policy against this sort of thing. No bashing anybody, no trolling anybody, no calling people out by name (that includes companies) and obviously no "opinions" that basically present itself like this. So it's okay to say: this seems financially motivated or the price for VC has gone up therefore I assume that microtransactions are more important than other issues but it's not okay to say: they (whoever they are) only want our money/are greedy/only care about money etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 03:28 AM   #426
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
can i ask what that guy got banned for? tbh that's an opinion i understand in a way, when i consider what the game desgin and the desire to sell vc looks like nowadays, and i do believe many others do so as well, so it's valid opinion to have. or was it the way he expressed himself?
Better you don't! I've seen a few bans for no apparent reason that make me really question what the mods are thinking. Pretty ridiculous. They probably fear that all the backlash to this years game will make the devs leave this forum. A legit concern but it's no reason to start banning people for speaking their mind or voicing their concern.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #427
Rookie

This is disappointing. It seems you guys were right, just got a "bonus" text from agent after completing a Tissot event. Got 100VC.

It's unfortunate that their model is so heavily focused around selling VC. Rather than actively pushing players to actually play the game through incentives, like the bonuses.

The real grim part though is, as a community we will not stop purchasing VC. Which will only justify 2K's current model.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Buckle up boys.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #428
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
Better you don't! I've seen a few bans for no apparent reason that make me really question what the mods are thinking. Pretty ridiculous. They probably fear that all the backlash to this years game will make the devs leave this forum. A legit concern but it's no reason to start banning people for speaking their mind or voicing their concern.
Nobody is ever banned for no apparent reason.

Rather, there is a terms of service that each user is expected to abide by that if in violation of, results in a ban. As far as the devs are concerned, sometimes a feature in a game is bad and needs to be criticized but it needs to be in a constructive and helpful manner that furthers the game...not what the previous user did.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #429
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
Also this has already been stated to be against the TOS.

5 day ban.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #430
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Also this has already been stated to be against the TOS.

5 day ban.

With all the bans on users supplying negative feedback and people being banned for not expressing their opinions in a non confrontational, abusive way in mind.

Are you not concerned your setting this forum up to be bit of an echo chamber? Where users are hesitant to voice their negative opinions on the game?
Old 11-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #431
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
With all the bans on users supplying negative feedback and people being banned for not expressing their opinions in a non confrontational, abusive way in mind.

Are you not concerned your setting this forum up to be bit of an echo chamber? Where users are hesitant to voice their negative opinions on the game?
Not the least bit concerned.

There are tons of constructive voices here. They know how to voice their opinion, and will continue to.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 05:35 AM   #432
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

i think if only there is no online modes this issue wont be a big deal

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »