Home

Post patch sliders and shooting %

This is a discussion on Post patch sliders and shooting % within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:03 PM   #33
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Post patch sliders and shooting %

Serious question...if I bought the digital copy and I uninstall and reinstall offline will it play without the patches?. At this point I would rather Olay this game offline the way it was out the box than play it this way.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 6

1000% what gosens6 said
Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm honestly trying to be reasonable and calm about this situation, but, now that this is happening for a 2nd time, it's infuriating.

This is the most arcade game play that I can recall in a very long time for this franchise.

How this got past testing is beyond me. I know damn well they play the game, but now I'm questioning if anyone on the team actually plays against the AI?

How are they okay with all the made buckets and the sky high fg% for all teams? How could they release this to us and be fine with it? It's a serious slap in the face to true sim players who are just looking for realistic numbers.

The scrubbiest of scrubs hitting contested fade away 3s on a consistent basis, no player ever missing a wide open shot, ever. The piss poor help defense and interior D.

I'm trying to love this game, I really am. When Mike came in here and made some adjustments, and percentages looked like they dropped across the board, it still wasn't perfect, but it worked.

Now, help D and interior D seem to be even worse, coupled with the fact that never missing by any team seems to have reared it's ugly head again. I'm honestly shocked and befuddled.

This is the only game I play year round, but I have put it away. I don't even want to play it and deal with the frustration that is the game play this year.

Never thought I'd be at this point with this franchise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I agree. The absurd thing is that every patch fix problems but is a stepback in terms of stats and balance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #36
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This happens after every patch....should be alright again once Mike adjusts them again...
Old 09-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This happens after every patch....should be alright again once Mike adjusts them again...
Yes, but what about this year? This year we have sliders and those are clearly visible. We know for sure that nothing changed...probably Mike has to balance other sliders that only him can control...
Old 09-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 6

I've already tweeted mike about it. Hopefully they can see how crap this is. Until then I'm lowering qtr length or sliders I guess
Old 09-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #39
Rookie

I've been having ridiculously high field goal percentages over the last couple of days (even before the patch) on HOF. In my Fantasy Draft MyLeague, I've had two quarters where I shot 80% in 12 minute quarters!!! On average, I'm shooting in the 60-65% range and the CPU is in the 50-55% range.

User
It seems like I can consistently get a wide open shot just running the most basic actions right now, like a simple floppy set or a kickout off of a pick and roll. I haven't had to mix up my offense at all (running 4out 1in freelance with plays and pick and rolls added in the mix).

One thing that absolutely has to go are the double teams at half court that are triggered by getting too many assists. I had zero points with Rubio in my last game (with 10 assists) and they doubled him at half court every possession he was in for the second half. This leads to so many wide open threes or a free dunk one pass away.

I feel like if I really wanted to, I could get this number up in the 75-80% range for a full game but I always wind up slowing it down in the second half. At the moment I have a 126.6 offensive rating while the next closest is 109.9 (Warriors led the league last year with 114.5 for reference). This is 12 games into my season, so a decent sample size.

CPU
The CPU gets a lot of easy buckets off of forcing the ball inside right now. I'd like to see a lot of these passes get tipped. They also are mid range deadeyes right now, even when heavily contested (Marc Gasol just went 6/7 on all contested midrange shots). The new dribble pullups on transition fall every time and the new transition defense, while improved from last year, doesn't give you much of an opportunity to close out on these shots. The CPU also seems to be getting a lot of undeserved offensive rebounds this year that lead to easy putbacks.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #40
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

Use twitter, if you have to.

We need for this to be known.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »