Home

Best way to get on the team I want?

This is a discussion on Best way to get on the team I want? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Best way to get on the team I want?

So I hate to start a whole new thread for this. But I posted the question in the MyCareer thread and didn't get an answer, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. So I'm in my rookie year in the month of January. I was drafted by the Nuggets. I really want to play for the Grizzlies. I've requested a trade to the Grizzlies twice now, but as they have only 30% interest, they've turned it down both times. I know you have the opportunity to become a free agent at the end of your rookie year and I can simply sign with them then. But that's a long way off, as I'm only about halfway through the season. So my main question is, is there any real penalty to me simming to the end of the season from here? For instance, will my playing time be messed up with me having missed all those team practices in between? And will my endorsements be destroyed by simming past all those appointments? Or any other negative effects I can't foresee. Thanks for any help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best way to get on the team I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I suggest you just play 5 min quarters on rookie and request a trade every 10 games. You'll definitely lose a lot of things if you sim.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I agree with the other comment on here. I think 5 minute quarters and play on whatever difficulty you want. I wouldn't take a chance on losing endorsements or minutes. Just sim through your first game when you have back to back games. That will save a little time.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I traded myself about 40 games in to my rookie season and got traded immediately, but I was having a really good career.

I was on the list for MVP and All-Star team, so I'm gonna assume that if you're doing well, then most teams will want you.

I had the game on Roookie, 100 speed, with 12 minute quarters. You have restricted minutes, so you won't be playing all 12 minutes... but you will be playing enough to put up MVP stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #6
Rookie

if youre talking draft picks, score 2 points a game you will go 27# score 4 points a game you will go 26# so on & so forth...technically you should be forced into the 2nd round or go undrafted but hey its 2K
Old 10-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxlogo
if youre talking draft picks, score 2 points a game you will go 27# score 4 points a game you will go 26# so on & so forth...technically you should be forced into the 2nd round or go undrafted but hey its 2K
adding to that, averaging around 22 points a game gets you to pick 2 - Lakers

I personally like to go to the Lakers, as there are no established stars for you and Justice to muck up.
And they can pay you a big contract

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »