Home

XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

This is a discussion on XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

Been having this problem for over a month now. If only this were a roster issue, we'd have a fix. It's really amazing no other game does this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #34
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Never had this issue before... until about 14 days ago!

Every... and I mean EVERY time I turned the game on it would freeze at the logo screen. I tried to search the official 2K forum for a solution, but didn't find anything! Then did a google search and found the clear reserved space solution. That did the trick about 10 times, but now it won't sync my files anymore. So I can't access my MyLeague file I put a ton of time in. I'm getting this error: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...ssage-EFEAB30C

Deleted the game yesterday and left it to re-download this morning before I left for work. If I still can't access my MyLeague file when I get home I will get sooo angry.

Already sent a ticket to 2K but heard nothing back on the issue.

But why the hell can't I access my MyLeague file? Why does it have to be stored on some server instead of my local HD? I understand why MyPlayer is that way but my damn franchise??

Oh, and also just found this: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-I-Delete-It-
So I'm not supposed to delete the reserved space. Then give me another way so I can actually access the game you sold me! I've tried waiting 2 hours on the logo screen and it just WON'T LOAD!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by kongemeier; 01-27-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Never had this issue before... until about 14 days ago!

Every... and I mean EVERY time I turned the game on it would freeze at the logo screen. I tried to search the official 2K forum for a solution, but didn't find anything! Then did a google search and found the clear reserved space solution. That did the trick about 10 times, but now it won't sync my files anymore. So I can't access my MyLeague file I put a ton of time in. I'm getting this error: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...ssage-EFEAB30C

Deleted the game yesterday and left it to re-download this morning before I left for work. If I still can't access my MyLeague file when I get home I will get sooo angry.

Already sent a ticket to 2K but heard nothing back on the issue.

But why the hell can't I access my MyLeague file? Why does it have to be stored on some server instead of my local HD? I understand why MyPlayer is that way but my damn franchise??

Oh, and also just found this: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-I-Delete-It-
So I'm not supposed to delete the reserved space. Then give me another way so I can actually access the game you sold me! I've tried waiting 2 hours on the logo screen and it just WON'T LOAD!

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...ssage-EFEAB30C.

Link for 2k17. In order to force the "update required" message to pop up it suggests playing a game or two in play now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #36
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...ssage-EFEAB30C.

Link for 2k17. In order to force the "update required" message to pop up it suggests playing a game or two in play now.
Thanks. My re-installation of the game did the trick. So far I haven't gotten stuck at the logo screen but I'm nervous every time I turn the game on.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #37
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

Count me in as one that has to do the "clear reserved space trick" to run the darn game. I do the trick and it starts the game perfectly for about 3 to 7 times. But then it always takes a dump at Chris Paul and I have to do it all over again. Mine started having issues around Xmas. Every other game fires up with no problems at all.

Some of the responses to the issue that are on here from 2K are comical at best. It's unacceptable that just because we are on a certain platform we have to pay another price just to play a game WE paid for. I really love the NBA 2K series and haven't had any issues up until this years version. But it has put a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #38
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm seeing members in this thread I never seen before.

Going offline in the network settings then loading the game from the "manage game" shortcut seems to do the trick for me.

Now, this is all very unusual that these invented steps must be taken just to load an app - any app for that matter would prompt a patch / update to address hanging behaviors.

Idleness and Silence on the matter comes across as being very indolent and indifferent to me but for this extended time to still be lax and zipped on the matter is something more serious, not only for business but socially this is very gnawing.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've never been one to ask for a refund for a game, but I'm getting close. reserve space trick, re-install, I've tried everything. So frustrating.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:44 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Add me to this growing list. Started a few week ago as well. Takes over 20 minutes to get past the logo screen every time. So the BS about it installing updates is obviously a joke when it does it every time. I have 2 XB1s and it's doing it on both but I'm running the game off an external hard drive so that's not surprising.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »