Home

5 Ways to improve Archetypes in 2k18, without revamping.

This is a discussion on 5 Ways to improve Archetypes in 2k18, without revamping. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
5 Ways to improve Archetypes in 2k18, without revamping.

I see a lot of people don't like Archetypes, but I think it's better than having a bunch of demi-god's running around. The problem seems to be more with how it was implemented.

Basketball is a team sport where everyone plays a role. Here's some ideas on how to make playing your Archetype's role more fun:

- Give us a training arena to help us decide which Archetype to make: Fighting games do this a lot (Street Fighter, Smash bros), 2k could easily do this. Let us max out a player and take him to the Blacktop and test him out before we invest tons of time/vc into the player. Most of us go in blindly and hope for the best... this leads to frustration when we find out we wasted a buncha time on an Archetype we don't like.

- Display Support Stats in Pro-Am/Walkon/Park at the end of Game/Half-Time/During FTs: Show stats like "Screen Assists," "Screens," "Pass to Assists," "Turnovers Forced," etc. This way, 2k will encourage people to play their role. First Person Shooter games do this - this is how you encourage people to play a support role and help them feel better about not having all the points, rebounds, or assists in the game.

- Let us choose which position we want to play pre-game: You could do this in 2k11. For example, let us put the Point Forward at the point and assign him to the X button (PS4)... let the undersized PF play as a PF instead of throwing him at the SG. Not having this screws over a lot of people and makes it hard to play their role. It would have to be first-come, first-serve, but that is better than nothing. Bonus if they let us adjust these roles during half-time.

- Display icons next to each player's name that reveals their specific Archetype: Right now, we have some non-specific icons, but we should have unique icons that indicate what everybody is. This is especially needed for Walk-on and Park. You can decide "hey, maybe i should inbound it to the playmaker guy and not the glass cleaner."

- Let us wait longer for better match-making: I'm a 6'6 Point forward and I get set at PF or Center a lot in walk-on. I'd much rather just wait a little bit longer to be sent to a game where I can play PG/SG/SF rather than go up against a 7'3" Big. Let me hit a checkbox that says "Wait longer for preferred matchmaking (may take x minutes longer)." Playing a role is fun, but you gotta be allowed to play the role.

All of this stuff seems like it could be patched in during 2k17, so I don't think it's much to ask for for 2k18.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »