Home

HOF Badges: A Major Key

This is a discussion on HOF Badges: A Major Key within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
HOF Badges: A Major Key

So it's about that time of year where 2K is dead. MyTeam content dried up, we're all burnt out on Park so it's time to start figuring out how to make 2K great again.

So I'm setting up a roster that will give me the most true to life experience for playing against superstars. I, and many others on this forum, have complained about how some stars feel lackluster to play against. They never takeover games, they just don't seem to dominate like their real-life counterparts, but I found the key.

HOF Badges completely change the game when playing the AI. It doesn't just change percentages from what I have seen (About 15 games into a MyLeague season.) it changes the way these guys play and it's beautiful to play against a star who plays like a star. To actually feel like somebody is a threat.

1st instance: DeRozan-Difficult Shots & Mid-Range Deadeye.
I'm playing against Toronto and we're up 12 in the 4th. About 8 minutes left and it happens. DeMar DeRozan flips the switch and it's lit. He comes off a Pin down and drains an elbow jumper right in my face. That one shot seemed to open up the rim because I don't think anybody else took a shot in this span. It was just like real life. He would make a relatively simple move to create a little space and drip. Money. I know some of you are thinking "Wow, this sounds good but I don't want him to be unstoppable" and he's not. I switched Simmons onto him and the length slowed him down a lot. It was more give and take than a slaughter. We still won but Derozan dropped 21 points in the 4th and finished with 44. I had never played against a CPU Player like that.

2nd instance: Thomas-Every layup badge & Difficult Shots
I had Fultz at the point and honestly if you don't have a shut down guy, it's a GG. He was just as dominant as he is in real life and if anybody else on the Celtics is being productive, they feel unbeatable. He hit Fultz for 38 points and gave us our first loss of the season.

3rd instance: Warriors-A lot.

Steph & KD got every shooting badge. KD also got HOF OMFB
Klay got every shooting badge except Limitless, Midrange, & Difficult
Draymond got Defensive Stopper, Rim protector.

Don't play this game. It's exactly how anybody playing the Warriors looks in real life. That impending sense of doom is always there. I was up by 6 at the half but I was nervous as hell. But then I nailed two quick threes and I'm up 12. Then here it comes. I attempt to lob one up to Simmons and out of nowhere KD snags the pass with one hand. He's off to the races and Fultz is the only guy in the way, I expect KD to flush over him, get the AND1, nope. He swings a hook pass to the corner and Klay ignites a 22-4 run. That wasn't the end of it. I cut it to 3 on a buzzer beater before the 4th quarter began. Obviously they took that as a sign of disrespect because they began another run as soon as the 4th started. By the time the 4th quarter was half over, they were up 23 and the 2 stars were on the bench. It was beautiful.

I have a few caveats for this post. I didn't add the Cavs breakdown, because it was almost the same as the Warriors.
This sounds like it makes certain guys unstoppable but it's still a small pool of guys. KD, Bron, & to a lesser extent, Steph were the only guys I felt truly helpless against. Everybody else just took an adjustment. If you have a good defensive backcourt (Mine was Fultz & Waiters) you can probably slow down Steph. LeBron and KD were just too much. LeBron actually score din this game instead of shooting 6 shots and letting Kyrie put up 34 attempts. He ended up with a triple double. KD is unguardable unless you have Kawhi, which sounds accurate to me. Checking the stats for the year his worst game was against the Spurs. He had 17 points because of course I gave Kawhi every HOF defensive badge. It's really fun to see guys impose their will on the game. After years of trying tendencies, sliders, ratings, etc, it's the badges. It made the game so enjoyable to me. I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but for those like me, it was great.

Some more notes: Westbrook (who had the second most HOF badges next to LeBron) is absurd to play with or against, same with Giannis. Playing with GSW is irresponsible, just try and beat them. Using them is way too easy. I think almost every playoff team got one guy at least one HOF badge.

It didn't work every time. DeRozan didn't average 40 points against me. IT put up those numbers most of the time, but it wasn't always efficient or winning basketball. I actually managed to beat the Warriors after acquired some more pieces in the offseason o even they aren't completely unstoppable. There's just way too much I can say about how much I've been enjoying this game, but I know most people won't read all this, so I'll let it end here lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: HOF Badges: A Major Key

Major Cheese . I want them removed
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Hey man, you'll probably catch some flack over here with the SIM OR GTFO crowd, but I'm glad you found a way to enjoy the game against CPUs.

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #4
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Major Cheese . I want them removed
At least read the OP

Good post OP, I enjoyed reading that.

There really are some wow moments in this game, and players will occasionally do stuff exactly how they do in real life. The Warriors being cheese is so true to life, its like the last boss in a NES game.

e: any chance you could upload your roster on PS4?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
At least read the OP

There really are some wow moments in this game, and players will occasionally do stuff exactly how they do in real life. The Warriors being cheese is so true to life, its like the last boss in a NES game.

I did read the op. Dont like HOF badges in the game . Not interested in giving the CPU anymore in roster . I would focus more on tendencies and ratings . The game plays better without badges IMO.

But good post Op no shots taken at you. Enjoy it
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 06-23-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #6
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
At least read the OP

Thanks, man. I have Xbox one, sorry, but it's really just personal taste really. Any guy that truly excels at something, throw some HOF badges on them and see how you like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »