Home

NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

I must say I have not been excited for this game all summer. But, this has definitely peaked my interest (the blog did, not trailer lol). After I see some gameplay, and if they truly made changes to it like they said. I'll definitely pick it up just to play MyTeam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #58
Pro

Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
A few more tidbits I'm going to drop here...

Shoes matter this year. Be a sneaker head and boost your players. Also when you draft a team in Pack and Playoffs, you do not use contracts. You can use that team for the first round AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP IT. You can choose to redraft the whole team. The choice is yours.

Hey LD, do we gotta use contracts up for domination or at least get rewarded with contracts after each game. How's this gonna work especially with the amount of domination games this year.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #59
Just started!

Im glad that they added so much more offline content because it only took 1 or 2 months at most for the offline content to not be used or feel stale. Super max is a great new addition also, I know it makes the "budget squad" guys like me smile
Old 08-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #60
Rookie

So now we cant have god squads. That is very disheartening. I always have a great team and that is the whole point of MyTeam, making the best team possible. Im gonna ne extremely disappointed if Im stuck using budget players all year. I want to have a god squad. The problem in 2K17 was making OP cards with no weaknesses. It gets to a point in the year where every player on the floor can do everything.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnz
I was hoping to see them modify Domination to take the MT requirements out of it. It really goes against everything else they promote in the game, running plays, trying to create good shots etc, when the best way to play ends up being pass into post/fadeaway jumpers or dunks.

It's a bit disheartening and easy to lose interest in the mode when you play good team basketball and beat the opponent, only to have not met the MT requirements and have to play the game again.
Agreed. 2k17 Domination was a lot of trying to get the assist on a post move score. At least they let you know how much MT you have gained so you can adjust how you play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #62
Pro

This is going to sound silly but in years of playing myteam I have never equipped sneakers on anyone. "Boosting" players with abilities they should not have ruins the game for me. I'd gladly do it if I didn't have to have the stupid stat boosts.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #63
Rookie

LD2k I like the new changes and it made me purchase again when I wasn't about to. Can you please confirm if there is an unrestricted mode in Supermax along with the Salary Cap mode? A lot of us would like the option to play our complete best teams also in a competitive mode with rewards for doing well.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #64
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I played myteam through the 30 nba teams a couple years ago and it was ok, but I don't see the lasting appeal of this mode.
Hopefully they didn't spend most of their time on that stuff, and spent a lot of time improving gameplay & Franchise Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »