Home

2k18`s Pro difficulty makes MyCareer unplayable tbh..*

This is a discussion on 2k18`s Pro difficulty makes MyCareer unplayable tbh..* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2k18`s Pro difficulty makes MyCareer unplayable tbh..*

86 overall and no matter how good I release or jump shot I use it still misses more often than not... Is this patchable or this is really how it is this year?... If they're going for realism then I get it but players also want a game that we can play to our own pace/difficulty..... I'm not even asking for rookie, just saying I've played PRO settings before and it's never been like this in past 2k's.

After playing I've realized, LESS IS MORE. it almost feels like we had to experience this to appreciate the past MyPlayer's.... But of course, they're going to wait a whole year to make drastic change...i may be done with MyPlayer for the foreseeable future..... But the thing with 2k is, they'll acknowledge the good they hear from the consumer but when it comes to constructive criticism (because deep down we all want the game to be great) they ignore it ans act like they don't see it. NOW THAT'S F**cked UP. we're the supporters, the consumer. They need to patch this game

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...nplayable_tbh/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2k18`s Pro difficulty makes MyCareer unplayable tbh..*

This is a really weird situation. Maybe its certain archetypes that are bugged or something along those lines? I say that people I see a ton of people posting their complaints, yet im a 62 OVR, 6'3" point guard with a 6" wingspan, a sharpshooting shot creator archetype (in that order) and don't have any problem making mid range shots, threes, or anything like that, even on Superstar difficulty. And it's not like I have the skill of a 2K-League starter either, i'm really about average. It's just weird that a ton of people have an issue with it and then another group of people have no issues..

Not downplaying your complaints at all, it just seems like it's really hit-or-miss if people encounter the issue.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
This is a really weird situation. Maybe its certain archetypes that are bugged or something along those lines? I say that people I see a ton of people posting their complaints, yet im a 62 OVR, 6'3" point guard with a 6" wingspan, a sharpshooting shot creator archetype (in that order) and don't have any problem making mid range shots, threes, or anything like that, even on Superstar difficulty. And it's not like I have the skill of a 2K-League starter either, i'm really about average. It's just weird that a ton of people have an issue with it and then another group of people have no issues..

Not downplaying your complaints at all, it just seems like it's really hit-or-miss if people encounter the issue.
I also have shooting guard 6'3 with Playmaker and Sharpshooter and I when I get a good release, I almost always miss it on pro. I might as well go play Hof or superstar instead.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
I also have shooting guard 6'3 with Playmaker and Sharpshooter and I when I get a good release, I almost always miss it on pro. I might as well go play Hof or superstar instead.

To be honest with you I kinda feel like superstar and HOF are easier than Pro this year, for whatever reason.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #5
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm playing Superstar.. only played 5 games so far.. but.. with the TWolves it seems like 2K is giving them 0 respect.. when I sub in for the first time they're down 18 points.. sub in the second time down 30.. every game so far..

Personally I'm not a Teague fan with the TWolves.. but of the new guys on the team.. 2K has him at least close to his career #'s. it has Crawford and Butler way below.. Butler averaging 11 PPG Crawford 2.4 PPG. Gonna keep this and see if all of a sudden they start scoring.. but it almost feels like I think the REAL season will be.. I think we (TWolves) are way over-hyped with all of the moves made

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I'm playing Superstar.. only played 5 games so far.. but.. with the TWolves it seems like 2K is giving them 0 respect.. when I sub in for the first time they're down 18 points.. sub in the second time down 30.. every game so far..

Personally I'm not a Teague fan with the TWolves.. but of the new guys on the team.. 2K has him at least close to his career #'s. it has Crawford and Butler way below.. Butler averaging 11 PPG Crawford 2.4 PPG. Gonna keep this and see if all of a sudden they start scoring.. but it almost feels like I think the REAL season will be.. I think we (TWolves) are way over-hyped with all of the moves made

Well I'm with the blazers and its the same thing smh.
I lowered back down to all star where i started. That seems to have better balance of wins and losses according to our ability. I'm gonna try superstar again when I become a starter.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2017, 04:43 AM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

When I play mycareer the CPU is super focused on me in a very weird way. Don't have a high overall or big scoring numbers.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-17-2017, 05:33 AM   #8
Pro

It's not as easy as last year, but it's not that hard. I'm currently averaging 35/9/11 on 61/40/72 splits. The only problem I have is BS turnovers and the struggle to make a layup with even the slightest contact

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »