Home

AI Defense Sometimes Getting Lost On Help Defense For No Reason

This is a discussion on AI Defense Sometimes Getting Lost On Help Defense For No Reason within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI defense is broken.. again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So how often should this happen?
too often..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I tinkered with some of the defensive settings and did "guard perimeter" That looks like he was double teaming. There's a lot of things you can do on defense that might allevitate the problem. I've had it happen a few times, but not too extensively...
ill give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I'm not trying to sound condescending or anything, but do you guys even watch real life NBA basketball? Harden looked like he was about to drive the lane so the defender slid over to help protect the rim and left his guy open, Harden kicked out to the open man and he hit a 3. This happens all the time in the NBA. Eventually teams will adjust and stay on their man but acting like someone would never leave their assignment to help protect against a superstar driving the lane is just silly.

I do agree that the CPU takes too many threes though. But again, the GIF posted here is something that happens in real life NBA games all the time.
i know what you are talking about, but this is one example out of many. If you take a closer look at the gif, im setting a screen for harden and chandler is right there to back up the guy im screening, there is absolutely no need for the other guy to help
Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Is this the Otto Porter defense? I didn't want to originally start a thread about this but I bumped that OG's thread up for some help.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lagher-49.html

Page 49 should help you guys with some tips....it works but I'm lazy and don't want to mess with the settings much.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #19
Pro

It's the same as he Otto Porter glitch but in mycareer you can't do anything to prevent it unless the corner guy is your cover. The guy covering him sags to the paint and can't close fast enough after the pass to contest the shot. It's frustrating because a lot of the time, there's not even a really imminent threat of a drive. I had the Bulls hitting Mirotic in the corner 4 possessions in a row. Still love the game but I really wish they'd fix that.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #20
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
It's the same as he Otto Porter glitch but in mycareer you can't do anything to prevent it unless the corner guy is your cover. The guy covering him sags to the paint and can't close fast enough after the pass to contest the shot. It's frustrating because a lot of the time, there's not even a really imminent threat of a drive. I had the Bulls hitting Mirotic in the corner 4 possessions in a row. Still love the game but I really wish they'd fix that.
Ah yeah...you have no control for MyCareer and it sucks. This was a bad design choice IMO....nobody camps that far out. I hope an ACE update will help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #21
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So how often should this happen?
This should never ever happen. NBA defenders don't run away from shooters and plant themselves aimlessly in the paint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
This should never ever happen. NBA defenders don't run away from shooters and plant themselves aimlessly in the paint.
exactly, there was no call for that senseless rotation.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #23
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So my question is always this. How can a basketball video game accurately simulate bad awareness without us saying the game is BROKEN?

Bad awareness happens MULTIPLE times during real games, so to PURPOSELY replicate that in a video game without you thinking it is a GAME issue vs. it being a defender just being out of position.

Please answer
Old 09-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #24
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
What should defensive mishaps look like?

We keep saying what it SHOULDN'T look like but nobody ever says what it looks like

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »