Home

What difficult have you been playing on?

This is a discussion on What difficult have you been playing on? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What difficulty have you been playing on?
Rookie 0 0%
Pro 9 12.00%
All star 31 41.33%
Superstar 20 26.67%
HOF 15 20.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What difficult have you been playing on?

I play on All-Star. I switched to Superstar during some games when I felt like it was too easy to score and defend but a lot of times the AI cheesed its way back into the game in the second half/4th quarter so I will use All-Star which feels the most realistic to me.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Superstar, thinking about switching to HOF...dont really have issues against the CPU...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Superstar. I personally think it's a must you turn off ACE & input your own defensive settings, though, I haven't played with ACE on since I've gotten better. I feel like I reasonably win & lose games.

When defending shots you have to really get up into the shooters face...I think it's what? L2 & right analog for shot contest? Really extend with the analog, light contest doesn't seem to be effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #12
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm trying All-Star. I was using a HOF slider set, but on HOF the game is just a ridiculous, endless string of runs by both me and the CPU, with no consistency or any rhyme or reason, and whoever goes on a run last wins the game. Not fun. All-Star is providing a better, less streaky flow so far, but now I'm being driven mad by all the CPU offensive rebound cheese. I think I'll be sticking with default All-Star and just tune the sliders to dial out the rebounding cheese.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Whatever the Devs did to adjust the game today has seriously affected All-star Difficulty in MyCareeer mode.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, I played my whole 82 game rookie season (plus the Playoffs + Finals) in MyCareer mode... then this morning I get the little black box notification to 'return to the main menu' in order for the recent 'remote settings adjustment' to get applied.

That update has ruined everything for me.

Suddenly, the gameplay is not fun anymore. At all.

Every single game I have played all day long feels like a REAL CHORE.... because the CPU now sticks to me like a magnet all over the court. No matter what dribble moves I use... the CPU is right there.... And I cannot create any space unless I try to perform a step-back & chuck up shots from almost halfcourt.

Now every single play I have to 'push past' a defender attached to my hipbone, in order to attack the rim... where the defense will collapse & CONSTANTLY foul me.... or the CPU will randomly give me the worst 'layup animation' possible.

Everytime I drive.... I can feel the fouls shaking up my controller.

Sometimes they ACTUALLY get called a foul... but most times... they do not.

The BIGGEST reason I dislike this... is because I don't tend to jack up tons of 3 pointers every single game. I usually shoot 5 or less. And some games I don't even shoot ANY at all.

I prefer to play a mid-range game with lots of pick-n pop plays, or Work the ball around until I get some catch-n shoot plays. Or I operate in the post, using back downs, fall away jumpers & drop step moves.

Now suddenly..... it just feels like the whole game caters (or was 'tweaked') toward very deep 3-point shooting... and 'dribble drives' to the bucket.

There's MORE to basketball than just Ankle breakers & Half-court shots.... but it seems like the other stuff is being ignored.

Especially when 'all-white' releases on mid-range jumpshots taken anywhere inside the arc, or at the elbow.... are pretty much guaranteed to be instant BRICKS.

The game is just giving us 2 options on offense...

1 - Either shoot recklessly from deep 3-point range....
2 - or just put your head down... and drive hard to the bucket.

C'mon 2k. This is ridiculous.

And the worst part is... I see some folks posting videos on YouTube that are meant to help other players.... but if you look at their (endgame) stats in the videos... these guys are shooting like over 30+, 40+ or 50+ plus 3-pointers ALONE per game. Every single game.

One single player shooting THAT MANY 3-pointers makes it hard to 'balance' the game for the masses.

So its no wonder the game gets 'tuned' (behind the scenes) by the Devs the way it does.

Because the Devs are probably seeing these videos and thinking EVERYONE is jacking up well over 40+ three-pointers every game... .so they are probably adjusting the sliders to compensate for it.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #14
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

I play on default Hall of Fame because I want the AI to use full ACE and I'm scared to adjust sliders because it seems to break the game. What irritates me most is ball tangibility and CPU 3PT Tendency/Success. Elfrid Payton and Aaron Gordon just went a combined 11-18 from deep.

Last edited by Davon_A_Brown; 10-08-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
was on pro, but just recently switched to rookie. was loosing by 20+ every game on pro.
but does that even make a difference cause I always tweak my sliders
Same thing here, even though I haven't called in over a week. On do default CPU shot amazing at 3s... Regardless of who was shooting and they magically for open too.
I switched to rookie and I blew them out now, but CPU still gets wide open
.. Just they miss more. Which feels scripted and cheesy.

Again I don't use sliders, not going use them until the game is patched correctly or they say.. No new patches.. And play as is.
Should have never been released in this state.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #16
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've been on Superstar default, but I feel there's a lot of cheesy things that are starting to happen. I'm going to go back down to Allstar, to see if that remedies the situations. Hopefully it does.

The CPU defense on Superstar is extremely sticky as well, and every team plays so tight. On top of that, but the recovery speed of defenders to get to shooters to contest a shot is unreal. I can have 3-4 steps on a guy, yet they'll still get a "smothered" shot because they'll warp into place to contest a shot.
I hate to say this but I am on All Star too. I said I wouldn't flip-flop but I can't take it anymore. I tried to play on Superstar to feel better about myself and this is the difficulty that's for PNO but I don't have anything to prove. I've beaten the AI on this difficulty. All Star is where it's at. I agree with you with the cheese. I can't take it. You play defense so well and make efficient shots and then one quarter you can't make a shot and you all of a sudden can't play defense. I have had 30-40 point leads turn into 10 point leads and I am like, nope, I'm moving down. It's beyond ridiculous with the AI. They can do what they want when they want. If they want to come back they will. Tight and smothered defense is definitely real on Superstar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »