Home

HOF default sliders boosts

This is a discussion on HOF default sliders boosts within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HOF default sliders boosts

I've read a lot of complaints about steels and other aspects of the game that if you look at default sliders you can fully understand. The game provides a better challenge on hof but plays better on superstar.

For example the user ball security is at 20. Plus there's a huge gap in awareness sliders.

HOF has more boosts this year than before. My question is: do we really need them? Are they really needed?

Awareness gap make users defenders leave their man open. Ball security and other boosts make the ai do things the user can't.

Every time i feel cheated the answer is in the way hof is designed this year.

Consistency should be the same. Awareness should be the same to make attributes matter. A bad dribble is a bad dribble and the result should be the same.

I've played on HOF for years winning with a good percentage. But i've never won the possession battle. Every time someone posts a stats screen is the same story: higher levels always see more shots taken by the CPU. Is it possible that no player is able to consistantly outrebound the AI and end the game with less tournovers.

I hope they can clean up HOF through the year like they do last year....

Last edited by sirio994; 11-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: HOF default sliders boosts

Gameplay devs have most likely shifted most of their attention to NBA 2K19.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
I've read a lot of complaints about steels and other aspects of the game that if you look at default sliders you can fully understand. The game provides a better challenge on hof but plays better on superstar.

For example the user ball security is at 20. Plus there's a huge gap in awareness sliders.

HOF has more boosts this year than before. My question is: do we really need them? Are they really needed?

Awareness gap make users defenders leave their man open. Ball security and other boosts make the ai do things the user can't.

Every time i feel cheated the answer is in the way hof is designed this year.

Consistency should be the same. Awareness should be the same to make attributes matter. A bad dribble is a bad dribble and the result should be the same.

I've played on HOF for years winning with a good percentage. But i've never won the possession battle. Every time someone posts a stats screen is the same story: higher levels always see more shots taken by the CPU. Is it possible that no player is able to consistantly outrebound the AI and end the game with less tournovers.

I hope they can clean up HOF through the year like they do last year....

I’ve been wanting to this, I’ve noticed that the ball security of the user was lower than the A.I , hats the reason the user always loses the ball when the cpu bumps into you but when the user bumps into the a.i the ball just goes thru you.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

It's pathetic how a higher difficulty level translates to lower attributes for you and higher attributes for the CPU.

How about make them play more aggressively and make better decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »