Home

More diversity and individuality, please.

This is a discussion on More diversity and individuality, please. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
More diversity and individuality, please.

Too often in any game mode, certain players are able to play above their ratings and some players not able to play to their ratings at all and almost all of it is due to height. A boban marjonovic may be a very tall and good rebounder, but when Drummond goes down in my career, boban is magically putting up better rebounding numbers AND blocks even tho Drummond has badges and ratings better than boban.

I'm not saying it's not awesome to see players just have a great game. There are times when league average players get hot and shoot the lights out. But just because someone has an 80 3 ball (Brook Lopez lol) shouldn't make him a prototypical defender in my team or play now just because he's tall. This also is found a ton in the my player modes.

Simply create a 7'3 of any archetype and weight and magically you can play defense and rebound. Maybe not as strong as players who specialize in rebounding at the same height, but a player with 99 rebound should grab over a stretch big at any height. I don't care if you make a 6'3 glass cleaner, he should more often than not out rebound a non rebounding player.

Drummond is 6'10 roughly 280 of solid brick. This is why he's so successful at rebounding, you don't move him. Whereas a DeAndre Jordan is an inch taller, 20 pounds lighter can rebound BETTER and also play better defense from sheer explosiveness.

In this build, a Shaq does not Bully the way he did in real life. Understood, it's a video game. But we're talking team up or pno, you can dominate yes... But how often can you catch on the low block, back down, and immediately murder the other center with Shaq as he did ALL THE TIME?!

If I made a pure athletic 7'1 294 he doesn't even get driving dunk animations. Sure, you can get the standing, but baby Shaq was an absolute NIGHTMARE running to the cup off a screen. In this game, that's not as effective as it should be.

In the same token, little guys are not that effective. The speed gap between itty bitties and tweener players vs the standard height players is negligible. This needs to be addressed next year. An Isaiah Thomas is relegated to floaters and jumpers because he's just not explosive enough or even strong enough to finish consistently.

If you took Westbrook with all this badges into the pro am arena I don't think he'd be as effective as he is in the typical 5 in 5 game modes. I know, because I have a Westbrook type build and he's soft at finishing even tho I made him finisher first.

Let's not even talk about sharps and their off the dribble rating. Last year sharps were hitting leaners with BRONZE difficult and a 70 off the dribble. This year they have a 99 off the dribble from mid AND deep PLUS difficult gold.

In any mode, in any position, there needs to be more separation to what it takes to be GOOD at that player.

Giannis can run around and dunk on people all he wants. But the second he starts draining 3s with a 70 something rating, that's a problem.

Westbrook CAN shoot a 3 but because of inflated ratings, get him hot and he'll start raining.

Good shooters need to be catch and shoot threats, not always off the dribble.

Shot creators could stand to have a better standing rating if their opposites are going to have BETTER of the dribble ratings.

Slashers need better speed with ball when playmakers get 99 swb AND 99 dribble.

Last edited by howardphillips214; 01-21-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: More diversity and individuality, please.

Also, let me add that weight especially needs to have a MUCH MUCH bigger impact on gameplay. Another Shaq point, there was a time when Shaq was athletic enough to get up and down the court on the break and on defense. In his later years on the Lakers and even the few other teams he played for, he essentially stayed in one side of the floor. It became a virtual impossibility to run 94 feet 100 times a game. This needs to be a part of the game. This needs to be a part of strategy in game. No more 7 footers constantly turboing up and down the court like it's a walk in the park. Bigs should be relegated to an 80 or 90 stamina Max is you're going over 7 foot in career. Your 45 of ball speed needs to feel like a snail. No more slip stream speed boosting. Just because I'm on the break and you're tugging on my jersey, if I've got a 20 point speed advantage, you need to get dusted. There's simply no downfall to going Max or minimum weight in the career modes. This is a problem.

If someone makes a minimum weight center at 7'3 and he's a stretch with 60 something stretch, he shouldn't be able to handle ANYONE in the paint. I mean even a 5'10 minimum weight PG should have a chance to dunk on him if he's a slasher with the right badges.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
Pro

Re: More diversity and individuality, please.

Wow you're asking players make thoughtful choices and be responsible for their own skill level?

Nah bro, make everyone think they got a shot if they just make the FotM build, and watch the dollars from vc pour in

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »