Home

I give up. I must be too old. Game is too hard.

This is a discussion on I give up. I must be too old. Game is too hard. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2018, 11:07 PM   #33
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I give up. I must be too old. Game is too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Okay, it was like $4.99 the other week. Live goes on sale frequently, I'm sure it will happen again soon.
My friend got it for like 3 dollars the other day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2018, 04:18 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't think a lot of people realize age can catch up to a person, even with video games. I'm 33, and have been around since before the very first 2k. (First basketball game I actually played a lot was Kobe Bryant's Courtside on N64. Bet y'all don't remember that one, lol.)

Not saying this game is hard in any way (because it definitely isn't), but I can definitely tell how my reaction time, thought process, and overall game has slowly been diminishing lately. I don't play as reactive as I used to, finding myself overthinking in a lot of situations, which can sometimes lead to a string of bad plays. For some reason, I've been having a lot harder time with timing my shots recently as well, and I'm not as consistent as I used to be. Probably why I've just been sticking to my Pure Rim Protector more and more, since I don't have to worry about offense, and because I can predict players with almost uncanny accuracy on passes and at the rim on defense.

It sucks, but it's the inevitable truth. At least for me.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 03-12-2018 at 04:24 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #35
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I don't think a lot of people realize age can catch up to a person, even with video games. I'm 33, and have been around since before the very first 2k. (First basketball game I actually played a lot was Kobe Bryant's Courtside on N64. Bet y'all don't remember that one, lol.)

Not saying this game is hard in any way (because it definitely isn't), but I can definitely tell how my reaction time, thought process, and overall game has slowly been diminishing lately. I don't play as reactive as I used to, finding myself overthinking in a lot of situations, which can sometimes lead to a string of bad plays. For some reason, I've been having a lot harder time with timing my shots recently as well, and I'm not as consistent as I used to be. Probably why I've just been sticking to my Pure Rim Protector more and more, since I don't have to worry about offense, and because I can predict players with almost uncanny accuracy on passes and at the rim on defense.

Man I know what you mean. I'm turning 32 here pretty soon, and I basically can't play first person shooters online anymore. Now, part of it is simply that I don't have nearly as much time for gaming anymore. So I don't learn the maps inside-out, and I don't have the time to develop the muscle memory to get really good/fast at aiming. But it's more than that. I've noticed that I just don't think on my feet quite as quickly as I used to, and my reaction time is just a tick slower.

I was never some kind of E-League gamer, but a normal round of COD/BF for me was at, or a little above, a 2:1 kill-to-death ratio. Now, it's more like 0.7:1. Basically anytime I have more kills than deaths I count that as a win nowadays. Again, there are other factors that go into that besides just age, but I've definitely started to notice the age factor in my gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #36
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Man I know what you mean. I'm turning 32 here pretty soon, and I basically can't play first person shooters online anymore. Now, part of it is simply that I don't have nearly as much time for gaming anymore. So I don't learn the maps inside-out, and I don't have the time to develop the muscle memory to get really good/fast at aiming. But it's more than that. I've noticed that I just don't think on my feet quite as quickly as I used to, and my reaction time is just a tick slower.

I was never some kind of E-League gamer, but a normal round of COD/BF for me was at, or a little above, a 2:1 kill-to-death ratio. Now, it's more like 0.7:1. Basically anytime I have more kills than deaths I count that as a win nowadays. Again, there are other factors that go into that besides just age, but I've definitely started to notice the age factor in my gaming.
I think it's just a time difference. I'm 35 guys.... And I'm sure I could whip any young buck in here. Problem is I don't have time for that anymore. I'm getting married this. Trying to have kids. Trying to buy my first house. I got a lot of things on my mind. Now my games are about having good games. And that's where people lose it. It's about having fun.

I've been actually playing Switch the last few weekends. And it's just good feeling to invite friends over and play Mario Kart.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Wow I thought no one would call this game too hard.

https://streamable.com/10qyu
Just play the pick and roll man

And you can pretty much blow by anyone, I don't really understand how are you struggling to beat CPU defense
because he's making a choice to not abuse exploits. or he doesnt know of them.

This is what I've been talking about for years when people swear by hall of fame modes. I always say those settings are not for the best basketball IQ's on a video game. those settings are for people who play these games, see the exploits and abuse the hell out of them to make the game a lot less competitive to them. so then they need to have things nerfed to make the playing field some what even. This tells me the game itself is extremely flawed.
The reason the OP shoots so poorly with westbrook. is because he isnt abusing the pick and roll and blow by animation exploits. when he does beat his man off the dribble, he gets to the rim and theirs a defender close by. So this causes him to BRICK his layups a lot. truth is, no one is bricking layups in the nba in real life thats rated 75 or higher on the game.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #38
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
because he's making a choice to not abuse exploits. or he doesnt know of them.

This is what I've been talking about for years when people swear by hall of fame modes. I always say those settings are not for the best basketball IQ's on a video game. those settings are for people who play these games, see the exploits and abuse the hell out of them to make the game a lot less competitive to them. so then they need to have things nerfed to make the playing field some what even. This tells me the game itself is extremely flawed.
The reason the OP shoots so poorly with westbrook. is because he isnt abusing the pick and roll and blow by animation exploits. when he does beat his man off the dribble, he gets to the rim and theirs a defender close by. So this causes him to BRICK his layups a lot. truth is, no one is bricking layups in the nba in real life thats rated 75 or higher on the game.
Yeah I'm with you on that, but I mean, pick and roll is probably the most basic and most used play in modern basketball, it's not like some move, that rarely happens in real basketball that can be abused in a game, pick and roll is the foundation of the modern offense, it's like soccer game and crossing is op and you shouldn't use it because it's overpowered
Old 03-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #39
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

You guys in your 30s aren’t old lol just busy.

Unfortunately in my player it takes a ton of time to work on your player to be competitive .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #40
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
You guys in your 30s aren’t old lol just busy.

Unfortunately in my player it takes a ton of time to work on your player to be competitive .

I remember the days when I would do a 10 hour marathon of ghost recon ...every single night.

Time is definitely mostly the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »