Home

7 different myplayers, still can't shoot consistently

This is a discussion on 7 different myplayers, still can't shoot consistently within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
7 different myplayers, still can't shoot consistently

I've made 7 different myplayers. I've probably put in 1000+ hours into the game. I still can't shoot 3s consistently. My two best shooting myplayers are a 6'3 Sharp/Shot creator (84 open 3, silver shooting badges) and my newest, a 6'5" playmaking sharp (89 open 3, silver shooting badges so far).

I've tried 30 different jumpers and made several of my own. I've tried with shot meter on and off. I've tried watching the players feet, or their hands, or whatever. I've tried with the shot stick and the button.

I can't seem to get above %55-60 in shooting 3s in mycourt practice (standing still), and probably closer to 40-50 on open shots in games. This seems really low to me. It feels like I'm constantly seeing guys who have non-shooting builds (shot creating slashers, for example) comfortably draining 3s all the time, and partial sharp builds like sharp/playmakers, hitting from everywhere at %60 or higher on the move or standing still.

I feel like I need some advice that goes beyond 'find a jumper you are comfortable with'. I feel like I'm missing something because I've been banging my head against this since the game came out.

Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 7 different myplayers, still can't shoot consistently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I've made 7 different myplayers. I've probably put in 1000+ hours into the game. I still can't shoot 3s consistently. My two best shooting myplayers are a 6'3 Sharp/Shot creator (84 open 3, silver shooting badges) and my newest, a 6'5" playmaking sharp (89 open 3, silver shooting badges so far).

I've tried 30 different jumpers and made several of my own. I've tried with shot meter on and off. I've tried watching the players feet, or their hands, or whatever. I've tried with the shot stick and the button.

I can't seem to get above %55-60 in shooting 3s in mycourt practice (standing still), and probably closer to 40-50 on open shots in games. This seems really low to me. It feels like I'm constantly seeing guys who have non-shooting builds (shot creating slashers, for example) comfortably draining 3s all the time, and partial sharp builds like sharp/playmakers, hitting from everywhere at %60 or higher on the move or standing still.

I feel like I need some advice that goes beyond 'find a jumper you are comfortable with'. I feel like I'm missing something because I've been banging my head against this since the game came out.

Suggestions?
You don't think it's the game keeping you from getting that high. Just an idea.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You don't think it's the game keeping you from getting that high. Just an idea.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Not sure I understand your response. If everyone shot around those numbers, I'd be great about it. But I see a lot of people shooting better, so I must be doing something wrong.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

What are you gaming on (Monitor, HDTV,..?) Sometimes input lag can kill performance. Either that or just lack of skill (No disrespect). Do you have hot spots? I have a 6'7 Play Sharp and constantly hit at a high rate even from Hash. Base 8, Base 9, Base 11, and Base 49 just to name a few, are all really good bases to try in the jump shot creator. There's no way you should be shooting below 70% in the MyCourt with those archetypes.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Shooting can vary wildly from game to game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl

Suggestions?
How are you defining "consistently" shooting? From 3? Midrange? Close? With sharp primaries? Sharp secondaries? Other builds?
Old 04-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
What are you gaming on (Monitor, HDTV,..?) Sometimes input lag can kill performance. Either that or just lack of skill (No disrespect). Do you have hot spots? I have a 6'7 Play Sharp and constantly hit at a high rate even from Hash. Base 8, Base 9, Base 11, and Base 49 just to name a few, are all really good bases to try in the jump shot creator. There's no way you should be shooting below 70% in the MyCourt with those archetypes.
Thanks for feedback. I have a PS4 slim with a pretty much standard hdtv via HDMI. I have very good quality internet though that shouldn't matter in mycourt. I'm trying those bases, currently trying 49 with melo release, seems pretty smooth but won't know if it make a difference. The thing I've noticed is that it seems like I shoot about the same percentage regardless of which jumpshot I use.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Some people get hot. Some people have good jumpers. Some people have HOF badges with a good jumper and are hot. There's some people who play with playmakers and point forwards with HOF dimer. There's so many factors that go into shooting.

45-50 % is pretty solid. I'm at 38% for the whole year lol. I've never been a great shooter. The highest 3 pointer I have on a character is 76. But there's games I go 4/5 from deep. Then games I go 2/6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »