Home

Why did you stop playing NBA 2K18?

This is a discussion on Why did you stop playing NBA 2K18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #49
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why did you stop playing NBA 2K18?

The only things I hated on 18 was the cpu NOT calling timeouts and the horrible mass substitution rotations the cpu makes but other than that, hands down the best bball game ever in my opinion

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 08-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #50
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
For me it was just that the suspension of disbelief is gone. I've played 2K since 2006 or something, and i'm way too familiar with the animations: the way the ball snaps in and out of player hands when they pass it, the way they run, the way the camera follows the line of path of the ball on replays, the way the light reflects off players, the way a player hand glues to the ball as he dribbles. Know what i mean? It's all too familiar and artificial to me. I struggle to be able to play it as a basketball sim. It just feels like same old 2K videogame every year with some tweaks, and 2K18 was sorta the last straw. Throw in the microtransaction greed and the out-of-the-box MyLeague bugs that made me have to wait MONTHS to be able to play it properly and i just got super disenchanted.

I think I need a new graphics engine or something to be able to enjoy it again, i don't know. That's not gonna happen though because the 2K show must go on. They're a big business now and revamping things is just not on their agenda. I just gotta hope EA can step up. I need something fresh.
No matter what type of engine the game has you're going to see lots of weird things. Stop examining everything or eles you will never be happy.

No game animates perfectly, without clipping or warping. Even as good as God Of War looks you see video game things, the same with Uncharted 4.

Those are the things you need to accept playing video games.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #51
TGG
Rookie

Not realistic enough, but i'm every year disappointed that they don't make this game more realistic. In that regard NBA 2k3 was the only realistic game, after that game they make the game with more "fun factor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #52
Pro

Posterized LeBron with DeRozan on back to back plays on PNO. If you say I should play offline, I did myleague but those 2 billion dollar contracts ruined the realism and I didn't wanna invest more time into a new myleague.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Still playing though I'm strictly an offline player.

18 is my favorite iteration mainly because it's the first game in the series that looks, feels, and plays somewhat like the modern NBA. The ball movement, freedom of movement, ease of getting into the lane, etc. If you have space with an elite offensive player, good things are going to happen. No stone-walling, super closeouts, or a poor defender stopping you consistently in a mismatch. I'm sure it must be annoying to play online where you can't stop anyone but it's great for offline play.

I still have plenty of gripes about the game but it's the most fun I've ever had playing NBA2K and I go back to the Dreamcast original.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #54
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I stopped playing because after a few seasons in MyLeague half the players in the NBA have pictures, and the other half have the CPU generated likeness that takes over when they change teams.

I sorely miss the old days of player portraits from the neck up.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
because defense is horrible especially cpu can't stop pick and rolls plays, there are alot bad clipping especially steal ball.. that's it. i am glad that 2k did overhauled on defense gameplay including rebuilt steal system, ai cpu improvement on defense. no more blow by defender.. less clipping for NBA 2k19
I pointed all this out last summer but everyone told me to shut up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »