Home

VC in Prelude

This is a discussion on VC in Prelude within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
VC in Prelude

I downloaded the Prelude and left for work this morning, I have a question to all of you out there already immersed..

Can you buy VC & use it to upgrade your player now or do we have to wait for the FullGame to drop? I was all my crossovers, dunks & jumpers already and not have to play with default animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Millsy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: VC in Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaswagga22
I downloaded the Prelude and left for work this morning, I have a question to all of you out there already immersed..

Can you buy VC & use it to upgrade your player now or do we have to wait for the FullGame to drop? I was all my crossovers, dunks & jumpers already and not have to play with default animations.
I've just made my player & starting mycareer, yep you can buy VC immediately in the prelude by the looks.

I won't this first play through, I'll just get the feel for things atm & test out my build.
6"3 PG - Playmaking Sharpshooter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
Rookie

it wouldn't be 2k if you couldn't. bloody money grabber.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
MVP

I took a look, for 200K VC (it costs 190,195 VC to fully upgrade at start) it is 50 dollars, I think this is less than last year?

On the good side,I was earning about 13-1400 VC a game in the prelude for finishing game with the bonus goals with a good teammate grade (in the A range).IF that rate continues you could probably get your guy pretty close to 90 after about one season, assuming you make the playoffs and these ambiguous "multiple ways to earn VC in the Neighborhood" turn out to be worth it.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I took a look, for 200K VC (it costs 190,195 VC to fully upgrade at start) it is 50 dollars, I think this is less than last year?

On the good side,I was earning about 13-1400 VC a game in the prelude for finishing game with the bonus goals with a good teammate grade (in the A range).IF that rate continues you could probably get your guy pretty close to 90 after about one season, assuming you make the playoffs and these ambiguous "multiple ways to earn VC in the Neighborhood" turn out to be worth it.
It's always been $50 for 200k VC, and upgrading to 85 costs about the same as last year

But being able to earn more VC in the game itself is significant, that's the biggest thing. it was so awful last year when they took out the multipliers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
Banned

You actually cannot buy VC for the prelude.

Theres a tab that says "get vc" . Whenever I tried to add some to my cart it said it was unavailable to add at this time.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
It's always been $50 for 200k VC, and upgrading to 85 costs about the same as last year

But being able to earn more VC in the game itself is significant, that's the biggest thing. it was so awful last year when they took out the multipliers
Oh, my fault, I thought it used to be 100K VC for $50.I'm not a guy who buys VC so I'll take your word for it.

That 13-1400 per game I earned was on default settings (5 min quarters, I'm assuming Pro difficulty).Hopefully with the difficulty multiplier and longer games that means you could make much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand1987

Theres a tab that says "get vc" . Whenever I tried to add some to my cart it said it was unavailable to add at this time.
I don't think VC is actually available until at least early release, you can look at the prices for it though.The VC you need to max was easy to figure out just by maxing all my buckets then looking at the cost.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #8
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand1987

it was supposed to be available but a lot of pk support team is eople bought some and didnt get any vc.

the 2k support team is allegedly working on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »