Home

NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #1569
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Its annoying sometimes but ask yourself if you want a simulation or an experience like Madden where there's no penalties not even a holding call over the course of a game....also, do you have an issue when the fouls benefit you? Doubt it. I've always been ok with that kind of thing. It can be a good differentiator between teams thats something other than "makes shots more"...fouls can also denote a mismatch.
I welcome the randomness, but I swear it's never at a time where I can shrug my shoulders and keep it moving. It seems like it happens at times where I can lose the game or unable to win the game. Maybe it does, and I only remember the times where it nearly or did costed me the game.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:56 PM   #1570
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Maybe it does, and I only remember the times where it nearly or did costed me the game.
BINGO. Crazy thing? Thats exactly what it is....the brain and memory are tied to emotion in a very real and visceral way.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #1571
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Figure'd you guys would get a kick out of this Game Story thread I did on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kushmir/status/1079813234864078849
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 07:28 PM   #1572
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Figure'd you guys would get a kick out of this Game Story thread I did on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kushmir/status/1079813234864078849
Philly only scores 40.8% of their points in the paint per game. You scored 77.4% of your points in the paint. That doesn't seem very sim, bra. In a 12 min quarter game, you would have scored well over 100 points in the paint. Really really not sim.

Last edited by JBrown247; 12-31-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #1573
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown247
Philly only scores 40.8% of their points in the paint per game. You scored 77.4% of your points in the paint. That doesn't seem very sim, bra. In a 12 min quarter game, you would have scored well over 100 points in the paint. Really really not sim.
I mean... you're right, having that many paint points is crazy and wouldn't happen IRL, but to have more, even a lot more, paint points than an actual game isn't necessarily "not sim," IMO. Being sim is running sets to score your points. If you're obsessed with scoring x number of paint points, x number of points off of 3s, etc... I don't imagine you're going to win a lot of games online. I think it's all about taking what the defense is giving. If they're giving up the outside, I take the outside. If I'm having an easier time scoring inside, that's what I'll take. If they give the mid-range, I'll try to take a little in the mid-range.

This attitude is exactly why I don't fit in with most "Sim" leagues. They expect you to play in a way that is totally counter-intuitive. If they've set a PIP limit, and I hit that limit, all of a sudden I've gotta completely avoid the paint, which isn't realistic in and of itself. Likewise, if I say "Oh no, I'm at 50% PIP, better tone it down," in a common PNO game, your opponent is going to notice that you're forcing it from the outside more and shut that down. I really don't think that to be a "sim" player you have to be beholden to certain percentage of points from certain points on the floor. I think it's much more sim to take what you are being given and getting your points off of sets that get you to the areas of the floor where your opponent is not defending as well.

I just really feel like it's ridiculous to be constantly thinking about that in order to get your "sim" street cred rather than just playing the game.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 01-01-2019, 12:50 AM   #1574
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I mean... you're right, having that many paint points is crazy and wouldn't happen IRL, but to have more, even a lot more, paint points than an actual game isn't necessarily "not sim," IMO. Being sim is running sets to score your points. If you're obsessed with scoring x number of paint points, x number of points off of 3s, etc... I don't imagine you're going to win a lot of games online. I think it's all about taking what the defense is giving. If they're giving up the outside, I take the outside. If I'm having an easier time scoring inside, that's what I'll take. If they give the mid-range, I'll try to take a little in the mid-range.

This attitude is exactly why I don't fit in with most "Sim" leagues. They expect you to play in a way that is totally counter-intuitive. If they've set a PIP limit, and I hit that limit, all of a sudden I've gotta completely avoid the paint, which isn't realistic in and of itself. Likewise, if I say "Oh no, I'm at 50% PIP, better tone it down," in a common PNO game, your opponent is going to notice that you're forcing it from the outside more and shut that down. I really don't think that to be a "sim" player you have to be beholden to certain percentage of points from certain points on the floor. I think it's much more sim to take what you are being given and getting your points off of sets that get you to the areas of the floor where your opponent is not defending as well.

I just really feel like it's ridiculous to be constantly thinking about that in order to get your "sim" street cred rather than just playing the game.
I agree. I'm the same way. I just take what the defense gives me and let the stats fall where they lie. For the most part, I run a balanced offense, I'll naturally start leaning towards a certain style depending on my opponent.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:46 AM   #1575
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

Starting to use Portland again... forgot how deadly and efficient C.J McCullom is from anywhere on the floor🔥. Dame is definitely the best player on the team but when I really need a bucket with them.... C.J is the guy

Come 4th Quarter tho it’s Dame time 😂🤷🏽*♂️

2014 season
(10-6) NFC EAST CHAMPS

2015 season
(1-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #1576
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

My last game....hopefully that meets with the sim community's approval lol. We all know how important that is.

PNO really needs a NBA queue where we play vs current teams from any tier....playing the same 4-5 teams gets monotonous--the league is about stars and matchups. Not playing against 75% of the other teams isn't fun. I remember playing POR in 2K16--we were talent deficient but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of playing them and teams like CLE/OKC.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg porendgame.jpg (145.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-01-2019 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »