Home

NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #1617
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Klay definitely. He's not as good off the dribble as Steph/Durant so you have to go with the lesser of two evils. You know your two best defenders go on Durant and Steph right?
No offense but of course you off ball Curry and Durant. I do it also these days mainly because of lag but also that's how the game is you can't on ball those dudes.

My point still stands this game does not reward on ball defense. Do what you must to win but it's just absurd. In Shoot Em Ups you don't expect the bots to better than humans. Where's the fun in that?

Off ball means you stand in the corner, conserve your personal energy and watch the action unfold, double if you need to or chase the shooter.

On ball means you have to guard your man while also watching the action behind you so someone doesn't come off screen for a 3. You have to guard both things at once while using your personal energy. Which is harder?

Why do you as an off ball human get to beat screens better than the AI? Should be the same for offense right? You should be able to to score easier on the AI than a human defender...but that's not the case most of the time because there is to much help D by the AI.

And TBH it ain't that hard to score on the AI but once again with all the lag it is....so my view point could be totally not what is happening with this game lol.

Last edited by WBjam; 01-05-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #1618
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

I play mainly on ball (mix in off ball here & there) and a lot of these problems people are having, I feel, can be cut down by playing on ball defense

Another thing is just like players miss open shots, they make tough ones... look at the James Harden GW 3, he made it wit Draymond & Klay right in his grill. That goes in on 2k all u gonna hear is “comeback cheese”, “all contested shots go in” etc.

It’s lets frustrating if you just chalk it up to players make tough shots because I kno 2k bails me out on some of my tougher shots, while at the same time I miss wide open shots and have no problem. Don’t get me wrong 2k does have plenty of stuff to work on but it’s a game fam.

Plus I’m not having as bad lag problems as you guys seem to be having

2014 season
(10-6) NFC EAST CHAMPS

2015 season
(1-1)

Last edited by StickSkillz; 01-05-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #1619
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
It’s lets frustrating if you just chalk it up to players make tough shots because I know 2k bails me out on some of my tougher shots, while at the same time I miss wide open shots and have no problem. Don’t get me wrong 2k does have plenty of stuff to work on but it’s a game fam.
Yeah I dont complain about missing shots as a rule--watch any NBA game and you'll see some misses that will surprise you. OAN: These guys that think they're gonna go zone and not pay for it kill me.

As far as defense goes play what suits your skill-set. I elect to guard the 2 as I can take guys like Lou Williams out of the game and make sure they dont get open looks. But player skill will never be even....sometimes a guy is good enough to force adjustments. You're under no obligation to give a guy a favorable matchup because "sim" rules say so If he can beat one match-up get a better defender and see if he can beat that one too--I did that here:

Old 01-06-2019, 07:28 AM   #1620
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBjam
No offense but of course you off ball Curry and Durant. I do it also these days mainly because of lag but also that's how the game is you can't on ball those dudes.
Not really. It kinda depends on your skill-set. Everyone isn't the same.
If you're a guy that can stick to guys like glue on the perimeter? Maybe Curry is the better cover. Say you're block timing and hands up is elite...you probably wanna get the center to be the last line of defense--so it just depends. Lag is a different animal tho, I had it bad from 2K12-2K15 and just played off-line as a result.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #1621
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Yeah I dont complain about missing shots as a rule--watch any NBA game and you'll see some misses that will surprise you. OAN: These guys that think they're gonna go zone and not pay for it kill me.

As far as defense goes play what suits your skill-set. I elect to guard the 2 as I can take guys like Lou Williams out of the game and make sure they dont get open looks. But player skill will never be even....sometimes a guy is good enough to force adjustments. You're under no obligation to give a guy a favorable matchup because "sim" rules say so If he can beat one match-up get a better defender and see if he can beat that one too--I did that here:

The Sixers are a good matchup vs the Warriors, well in video game world at least lol

Whenever I have the Sixers I usually put Ben on KD and Jimmy on Curry.. Ben matches KD in height, speed, athleticism etc., while you’re able to put an elite perimeter defender on ol Chef Curry

I gotta start saving videos and pics to post...
Also I don’t understand why people don’t use Klay... he’s the killer on the team in 2k if you ask me

2014 season
(10-6) NFC EAST CHAMPS

2015 season
(1-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #1622
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man I loved getting guys up in the air last year and finishing/driving around them. I know it was a complaint of some (especially in park/pro am) but its something I had zero issues with. Felt like I was playing a different game than some. Maybe it was just a special year for me and my timing was on point, lol.

This year, ironically after them saying they improved upon it even more, the defense gets rewarded for errant jumps constantly. Superfast recovery, throwing you into animations, the works. It sucks because I really like how creatively you can finish around the rim...
Old 01-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #1623
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The defense gets rewarded for errant jumps constantly. Superfast recovery, throwing you into animations, the works.
Yeah there has to be a HUGE shift in how defenders that leave their feet and time blocks badly are punished. Steals too....guys cant be reaching like this, MISS and still be in perfect position.

OAN: This can't be what being "elite" at 2K means...(this guy had 100 win % before this game) spamming steal? throwing long passes? pausing during FTs? He thought an early lead was gonna save him.

And Jimmy (elite defender) forgetting how to navigate screens on that last shot? C'MON. I have to be worried about Ibaka if they pass back to the inbounder AND cover Kawhi? I can only control one person.....we need our defenders to play to their ability, please.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-06-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #1624
Banned

I’ve been running into a lot of weird nuts online recently who call TO over and over again when they get smoked. They also pause and other weird crap until the quit option pops up. Is this a way to avoid ban penalties as opposed to outright quitting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »