Home

How do you guys play offline MyPlayer?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play offline MyPlayer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you guys play offline MyPlayer?

Do you play every single game or do you sim some to make the season go a little faster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 05:02 AM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys play offline MyPlayer?

I play every game in my first season. Mainly because I don't want to screw up the endorsements and the cutscenes and since I don't buy VC grind and earn VC during games. Second season and after I do whatever and sometimes sim.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I play up to the ASW. I play 12 minute quarters. I don't have much time. So I may only play once in days I play. I play until All Star. I always start with a team with a glaring need at the postion and most likely a up and coming team so I can get enough touches to develop. So by ASW, I got my player to a decent OVR and got my playing style down pact. Then I sim until Free Agency.
After that it depends on the team I am on. I try to go to young teams with a young star and good surrounding pieces. I play a series of games in spurts. But, I sim a lot.
I always wait to play until the opening week to start playing though. So in the mean time, I play other modes and myNBA2k app to save up VC. I don't try to by VC. So I stock up on VC using other modes. That way I can start out at decent rating of 74-76 OVR. By All Star break playing 12 minutes, I can get my player up to 88-90. Which is good for a max contract. And this year with you being able to adjust contract in negotiations, I can do a one year deal and sign a higher deal the following FA with higher OVR

Last edited by illwill10; 09-09-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Geauxdee's Arena

OVR: 2

sometimes you just want to play offline vs online but 2k has to have it connected to the net for it to work ugh
Old 09-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Does anyone know what's worth it more? Being able to play more games on a shorter quarter length? Or less games on 12 min?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

One thing that I really liked last year was the "GM" perk at 90 OVR. That was huge for me being able to adjust minutes/rotation, play calls, FA and Trade suggestion. It gave the mode more depth for me. I signed with a that got the overall one pick. Dude was a absolute Stud. 6'11 275 PF, but had the athleticism and on ball to guard wings. The problem was that at PF he was under used and never participated in fastbreaks. But once I got to 90 and moved him over to SF and gave him better playcalls, he was a shoe in for 20-30 a game.
I also was able to help trade for key role players that fit the way I wanted our team to play.

So that makes me look forward to offline My player. 90 OVR seems like it won't take as long. So I can basically as a GM and help construct a team around key stars of Team
Old 09-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I might be hated for this but the GM perk was the sole reason why I used a hack to raise my guy to 90 on my PC. Then i could lower his attributes back but his overall would still remain at 90. And no i didn't play online matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »