Home

Lol I thought 2k said they patched the steal spamming?

This is a discussion on Lol I thought 2k said they patched the steal spamming? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lol I thought 2k said they patched the steal spamming?

I dont even know what to say. It appears to be 10x worse than it was at launch, me and my opponents are just getting loose ball animations one after the other. Constant deflections and those Kawhi steal animations. Jesus Christ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Lol I thought 2k said they patched the steal spamming?

I’m not having that issue with the recent patch but I make sure to protect the ball constantly unless the defender gives me space. I was watching the Blazers v Lakers game and was trying to see how prevalent protecting the ball is at the arc, and Lillard, CJ, Zo, Hart, and Ball all protect the ball constantly unless the defender backs up. Pretty much showed me that I am not “playing basketball” unless I’m doing the same

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-21-2018, 03:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
I’m not having that issue with the recent patch but I make sure to protect the ball constantly unless the defender gives me space. I was watching the Blazers v Lakers game and was trying to see how prevalent protecting the ball is at the arc, and Lillard, CJ, Zo, Hart, and Ball all protect the ball constantly unless the defender backs up. Pretty much showed me that I am not “playing basketball” unless I’m doing the same

Yeah I've noticed that trying to reach while the ballhandler is protecting is pretty much an instant foul post-patch.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:48 AM   #4
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James
I dont even know what to say. It appears to be 10x worse than it was at launch, me and my opponents are just getting loose ball animations one after the other. Constant deflections and those Kawhi steal animations. Jesus Christ...
I think it's fine now. Not like watching 6 year olds play, but not where a bunch of 'bad' passes are constantly getting through.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
I think it's fine now. Not like watching 6 year olds play, but not where a bunch of 'bad' passes are constantly getting through.
In Myleague online in Superstar sliders you barely See any onball Steals, just like it should be. Most of the Times a steal attempt results in a Foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
Rookie

There was nothing wrong with that post patch.. you just have to condition yourself to protect ball if defender doesn't give you space.. these games must progress and not go backwards
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Tbh I feel like I can't even make a legitimate steal attempt without an instant whistle now. I have to rely on bump steals to combat over dribbling.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Tbh I feel like I can't even make a legitimate steal attempt without an instant whistle now. I have to rely on bump steals to combat over dribbling.

I have a two way and a primary defender. I don’t spam or cheese and only attempt steals when they, irl, should be attempted. 98% of the time I get called for a foul with one press of the button. Yet, I watch non-defensive builds, even centers, get steals by either spamming or flying in from unrealistic distances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »