Home

A few ideas for 2k20 and beyond

This is a discussion on A few ideas for 2k20 and beyond within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2
A few ideas for 2k20 and beyond

Everyone should be in agreement that the current way to get to a "99" is absurd and needs to be changed. And no, you cannot get to 99 just by playing the game. That's Live you can do that. In 2k, you literally have to play a certain way to get the most mypoints in a game and that makes the game repetitive and monotonous.
The old way where you had to go to 8 practices to get another skill point mixed with you gaining skill points when you reached certain rep is the way to go. Take out the free 2k copy and 2k shows as rewards. Bring back real rep levels that you only earn by playing online and that carries over to your new players. So for example, if you a legend 1 and got 5 skill points, your new player has those 5 skill points there and ready to use. Keep it so that you can buy your way to an 85 but anything after that, you get from practices. Every 4 practices, you get a skill point. Which then brings your rating to a 95 after you applied all the skill points you earn from "Doin work". And for those who only play online, you get a skill point every time after playing 20 park games or 10 pro am games(this includes team and walk on, public or private)
Badge progress remains the same. Just this time, bring back how practice was in 2k18 where you can choose drills where you can work on multiple drills at one time and even earn more than 700 points. For example, the reading the screen drill was easy fog difficult shots and tireless scorer. Can earn 2.5k each.
In game, badge xp goes as follow. Everything has a base 200 points. Your primary badges xp gets a 2x bonus. Your secondary badges get 1.5x bonus. If you are a pure, you get a 4x bonus towards your main badges only. Everything else is the standard 200 points. So for example, I'm a sharpshooting shot creator. That means difficult shots is 400 points(200 plus the 2x bonus) and a limitless range shot is 300 points. (200 plus the 1.5). This make it fair too everyone that we all earn points by doing what we we're supposed to be doing. Note that this is all on pro difficulty and the bonuses actually increase with the difficulty. For my online players, park is an automatic 3x bonus. Pro am is 5x. The point is to have everyone playing online. Not stuck in my career but also not forcing one to play one over the other. Just giving incentives to do so. This way, no one is complaining that the top rated is my career only players which won't happen anyway because you can only gain rep and those last skill points by playing online.
Now as for the archetype system, take it away. We want to be stars. All time greats. Legends. We want to be Jordan. We want to be Kobe. We want to be LeBron. Not Tobias Harris. Joe Harris.
Now when creating a player, you choose a mentor. Someone to model your game after. This determines your height, weight, wingspan, badges, and attributes.
For example, I choose Jordan as my mentor. I am now a 6'6 SG (your height and weight is dependant on the player you get mentor by so you cant choose curry and make him 6'10 and 350 pounds while still keeping curry speed lmao).
My badges are the same as Jordan. So I can now earn Hof defensive stopper, HOF difficult shots, HOF relentless finisher, etc.
My ratings (once I get to the GOAT and all the skill points have been earned, get to this in the next segment) are the same as Jordan. So I have 99 mid range, 99 dunk, 99 defense, 50 three ball, 99 steals. Yes I think Jordan 3 is higher in game but you gotta put a limit somewhere lol.
Same goes for any player you choose from. It will be fifty players you can choose from. 25 legends, 25 current players. Notable players include Jordan, LeBron, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq, magic Johnson, steph curry, Kevin Durant, Kareem, scottie pippen, giannis, Ben Simmons, etc.
Now as for skill points and upgrading your player, you can still buy your way to 85. Still cost the same (190k vc) but here's where it gets fun. I mentioned earlier that you get a cap breaker every 4 practices or 20 park wins or 10 pro am wins. So one practice gets you 25% to the cap breaker. A park win gets you 5% to the cap breaker and a pro am win gets you 10%.
I know you looking at me like didn't you mention that you wanted to incentivize those who play online. Why does it seem like my career is once again have the easier route? Well yes it may seem that they have it easier to 95 but they're not gaining rep. So once a park only player or pro am only player reach 95, they're also much closer if not at the rep needed to get other skill points. Meanwhile the my career only player now as to start at rookie at 95 if they have plans to get to 99.
Rep goes as follow: rookie, rookie 2, rookie 3, pro 1, pro 2, pro 3, superstar, superstar 2, superstar 3 elite, legend, GOAT.
You get a additional cap breakers at superstar 1, superstar 2, elite, and legend.
GOAT you recieve the legend badge which you can choose 3 badges to be upgraded one level.
Since it is way easier to get cap breakers, the randomness of the cap breaker remains in the game. Sorry but 2k gotta have some bs somewhere lol. But hey atleast now you can enjoy the game and gain levels easier and hopefully you get that ball handling cap a little bit faster now.
As for rep progress, it should be hard to get to GOAT status. But not hard to the point only 1.5% of the player base get. It's a yearly video game, everybody should have a fair shake to become a GOAT. And not just those who shoot 30 limitless shots on hof( which you can still do btw but it only counts towards your badge progress) so how about this; a park win gets you 1% towards your rep everytime. Pro am is 2%. That way it's 100 park wins to gain a level until you get to elite status. Then it's .5% for a win. And for pro am it's 50 wins until you get elite status than its 1% for a win.
This way you need 900 park wins to become an elite player than you need an additional 150 wins to become a legend and another 150 wins to become the GOAT.
Pro am is 400 wins needed to reach elite status. Then it's 150 to get to legend and GOAT so add all that up, it's 1200 park wins to get to the top rank, 700 pro am wins to get to the top rank.
Now once you reach GOAT status, those cap breakers you earned from the previous rep levels carry over to your next build. You can only activate your goat status rewards once you get all the cap breakers from "Doin work" and all your badges are maxed out.
Takeover is now out the game. You can just get hot from the field now again but no special animations is unlocked while hot. You just get the stat boost.
At superstar 2, you can take your shirt off.
At legend, you get double vc.
Also at legend is mascots.
Park events stay the same. Now it's all matchmaking though. No more get next spots. You choose invite people to your crib, squad up and choose what you want to play. You then go into a que system and wait for 2 or 3 people to join you and you face each other at one of the parks 2k now has.
Which brings me to my next point, 2k now have real parks in the game. Rucker, that park in London, etc. (Sorry I can't think of park names right now lmao) but it's random at which ones you play at unless it's an event than 2k chooses the park the event is hosting.
Pro am walk on is now at special gyms. You got the drew league gym, the gym in Seattle, the Jordan hanger, the gym in New York that made hoodie melo famous and the only gym where you can wear park clothing at(for some reason, people like that). And a few other gyms.
But now we have pro am events. The drew league is having a tournament. So grab 5 of your friends and come out and face each other and see who really the best. Each win gets you further in the tournament and once you lose, that's it. You can't reenter into the event. 5 straight wins and you won the event.
Don't have 5 friends? Don't worry, we got the 3 man squad requirements as well. So grab 2 friends and the other 2 is ai and you face another sqaud of 3 and 2 ai. If you have 4, you in the group where you face 5 people but atleast now the AI is an nba player. Which is randomly chose from the position that doesn't have a human player.
Other pro am events include throwback week which is where toy play on retro uniforms and the short shorts and the aba ball. Court conquerer where you face nba players and legends. King of the court where only 5 man squads can participate. Top dog where no sqaud is allowed. Completely random teammates. All park and pro am events is 2x rep and 2x Badge progress.
Now in pro am walk on, 5 man squads can't just come to pro am to feed off random teams. If you come to pro am as a 5 man sqaud, you will only get match up with another 5 man squad. If after so long you don't find a match, it then match you up with a pro am team looking to find a match.
Walk on uniforms is dependant on the gym you're playing in. Drew league has their uniforms, Seattle pro am gym has their own uniforms, the gym in New York has park attire, the Jordan hanger has Jordan uniform (the ones you see now), and etc.
In team pro am uniform builder, you can choose between short shorts and long shorts. Walk on it has to be throwback week for it.
The neighborhood remains the same for the most part but it's no park there since it's all matchmaking. But you can still go to stores to buy clothing, go the gym to get extra turbo, buy boost, etc.
Your house is just a quick way to get your friends together to sqaud to play a game mode like park Ante up, or pro am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A few ideas for 2k20 and beyond

Not everyone wants to model their player after a star.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »