Home

MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

This is a discussion on MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
When I said issues, I meant bugs. I just named 3 unfixed NBA 2K bugs that are very big and makes the mode almost unplayable to me at least.

Madden franchise has issues with sim stats, AI logic in general, and probably player development (the way it is designed). But the funny thing is that you can also say that about NBA 2K franchise... people have complained about those very same things on this board about 2K.

All I am simply saying is that in terms of bugs like something flat out NOT working at all, no, I haven't had any issues with Madden, it worked as I expected it to. Meanwhile those 3 bugs in my previous post about 2K I have personally dealt with, and 2K hasn't fixed them.

I dunno why you feel the need to defend them so much man, I never once said Madden franchise was perfect, but 2K isn't either. I simply haven't ran into any issues with Madden like I have with 2K. I will say I do prefer 2K gameplay though if I had to choose.

I’m not trying to defend anybody, but it just gets me when I see people complaining about my league when people like me are over here for the past like eight years having franchise mode in madden, which is my primary sports game every year, that sucks. I mean almost completely sucks, by comparison, and we have been begging EA to fix it for almost 10 years and the only thing ea cares about is ultimate team and esports.

At least 2K actually pretends at least that they care about the off-line franchise community which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for EA.

Sent from my iPhone using the operation sports app
Old 03-31-2019, 07:10 PM   #50
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There's no point in arguing with people about it, it just comes down to one's perspective. Many people don't enjoy playing Madden's Franchise mode because it has very little depth. For me the non functional aspects of NBA 2K's MyLeague makes it more "unplayable" than Madden to me. Shallower but more functional is more important to me, but I understand that many feel the opposite way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:46 PM   #51
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Another problem: The Player Mentorship system is broken and straight-up doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #52
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I love all the options 2k has for MyLeague but I do think they need to use one year to focus primarily on making sure things we already have are working properly.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 AM   #53
Rookie

laflame's Arena

Free agency is an absolute joke in this game, only restricted free agents and role players make it to free agency after the first free agency period. Otherwise every player takes a contract extension, a la no Anthony Davis free agency he’ll rot on the Pelicans the rest of his career.

Player mentorship made me stop playing this game and probably not purchase 2k for the foreseeable future. Absolutely disgusted that a company would advertise a feature, be told by the community it was not functioning in the least bit and do nothing to fix it because it doesn’t have anything to do with micro transactions.

That and the G league players all developing into Danny Green/Hassan Whiteside has made the game more not worth playing.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by laflame
Free agency is an absolute joke in this game, only restricted free agents and role players make it to free agency after the first free agency period. Otherwise every player takes a contract extension, a la no Anthony Davis free agency he’ll rot on the Pelicans the rest of his career.

Player mentorship made me stop playing this game and probably not purchase 2k for the foreseeable future. Absolutely disgusted that a company would advertise a feature, be told by the community it was not functioning in the least bit and do nothing to fix it because it doesn’t have anything to do with micro transactions.

That and the G league players all developing into Danny Green/Hassan Whiteside has made the game more not worth playing.
The first part is possible to tune with sliders

Lähetetty minun LG-M250 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Old 04-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #55
Rookie

PrimalKDT's Arena

MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

Custom draft classes causing the stats glitch is the main issue. And 2k ignoring myleague issues in general is a bad look.

Free agency, player mentoring, and the g league/two way contract players are issues but aren’t close to being more annoying than the stats glitch. There a workarounds to FA, mentors, and g league progression that flows well instead of being a time sync with the mode

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by PrimalKDT; 04-03-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #56
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
There's no point in arguing with people about it, it just comes down to one's perspective. Many people don't enjoy playing Madden's Franchise mode because it has very little depth. For me the non functional aspects of NBA 2K's MyLeague makes it more "unplayable" than Madden to me. Shallower but more functional is more important to me, but I understand that many feel the opposite way.
Thanks to the PC release, this was my first year in some time purchasing Madden. I've been hearing for years about how MyLeague is head and shoulders above other AAA franchise game modes, but hadn't experienced it firsthand.

MyLeague has the depth and sandbox options Madden is lacking, but I've sunk significantly more hours into Madden's franchise this year. Lack of customization and depth is annoying, but the mode actually...works. Unlike 2k, which has unresolved issues every single year, I can complete seasons in Madden without workarounds for known issues.

For every legacy MyLeague issue that is fixed with a new iteration, another one remains untouched, and a new issues arises from a feature that wasn't fully vetted before release.

It's getting tiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »