Home

NBA 2k20 News Question

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 News Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2k20 News Question

there is still no news for NBA 2k20 yet including pre-order, release date, cover athelete beside small info on new features add to NBA 2k20 for Gameplay, Career mode, My GM/League.. what does take 2K so long to announce on those things ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: NBA 2k20 News Question

They take way too long and it's super annoying. What is the difference getting info today rather than August? Absolutely none. It's a business practice that's been super annoying the past few years by 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
Pro

Most of the time is cosmetic additions for the neighbourhood. Little in the way of true gameplay changes or player models etc. You give that info out now there is nothing left to say
Old 06-16-2019, 11:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Upside is that once they start dropping info, it won't stop until release. So it builds and maintains hype. Problem with dropping info so early is that you either have to space it out or you release everything early. Unless what you dropped is substantial, hype will die down. Think of a game like Madden. This year since they dropped all the major info within a month with 2 months to go. You are either sold on it or passing on it by now with a month and half to go. They usually drop gameplay videos within the last month. But hype usually dies down.

Downside is the long wait. We usually get the cover first then some screen shots in July, then info starts dropping in August. The game usually drops in second week of Sept, but we are still getting important info a week or 2 before release. By then I already want to be set on if I'm purchasing or not. I would rather them split the info between July and August. So by end of August, all info should be release. They should expand the prelude to include an exhibition game, that would hold gamers off from beginning of Sept to release.
I feel 2k has gotten to the status where they don't feel like they have to show their hand until they want too. Screen shots only do so much for me. Unless it is someone on new team or visually(lighting, colors, or face scan) better than last year, then it doesn't really do much for me.

I do feel like we either don't see a big jump from last year or a little changes here and there. Besides the annual new MyCareer story, I think we only see a few changes this year. I see them preparing for next gen. So I think this year we see a few small features in MyLeague/MyGm, new MyTeam feature, new MyCareer story and changes to archetype, and gameplay fixes. I don't think we'll see anything major. Most of what we hear and see next year are going to be for next gen. So usually they spend the cycle of and before next gen so they don't have a hard transition over.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #5
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

They dont drop info for the new 2k until a month before the release.. Been like this for years. Dont get your hopes up for anything ground breaking either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #6
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
They dont drop info for the new 2k until a month before the release.. Been like this for years. Dont get your hopes up for anything ground breaking either.
They used to start in early June and then have written developer insights throughout July, but, as you say, that was a few years ago. I used to love it though.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I remember we used to start getting news in June. But like for years now I’m sure we will get some sort of announcement in July. And news about modes in August.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
Yeah I remember we used to start getting news in June. But like for years now I’m sure we will get some sort of announcement in July. And news about modes in August.
maybe they announce nba 2k20 on info details including pre-order, release date, cover athelete reveal on same day when NBA award ceremony or NBA draft start like EA did for Madden 20 when NFL Draft began on April 25
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »