Home

NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays

anyone know how to do that retreating size up animation?

last year you’d walk backwards then flick up. saw the ai do it.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:57 AM   #138
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'm relatively new to the game, but can't understand why it plays so differently between the MyCareer season games (All Star level) and the live Park/Rec games.

My player is a 92 OVR shooting guard and in career games, now into a second season, I rarely miss a layup or dunk. Outside shooting is more hit and miss, but still, I can make jump shots consistently. But whenever I play in the Park or in Rec games, the timing is totally different, and I'll miss easy layups or airball threes.

What am I missing?
Old 08-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 0

When playing against the AI, how do I stop getting destroyed by picks? It seems like every time the AI sets a pick one of two things happen: I get through the pick but my AI teammate covering the pick-setter switches off anyways and the AI gets a wide open pass to the now-uncovered teammate cutting to the hoop, or I can't get through the pick and my AI teammate doesn't switch and so now we're double-teaming a guy setting a pick for some bizarre reason.

Also, what's the best way to defend against the AI in regards to using only the left stick, when to use LT to crowd them, and when to use the right stick to raise your arms? I consistently seem to get stuck on ice when trying to stay in front of a ball-handler and the AI seems to be able to drive around me at will, especially when my defender turns the wrong way when I'm trying to keep them close to the ball-handler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »