Home

2K20 Trade Thread

This is a discussion on 2K20 Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #25
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K20 Trade Thread

I’m the Spurs and I really want to dump DeMar DeRozan.

You guys have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
I’m the Spurs and I really want to dump DeMar DeRozan.

You guys have any ideas?
Derozan is a tough one because he's a negative contract at this stage. He's making a ton of money but a team on which he is the best/highest paid player is one that has a pretty low ceiling.

He could definitely be the third option on a contender, but his money makes that difficult. I think he makes most sense on a team that is on the periphery of either making the playoffs, or taking the next step in the playoffs.

The Pistons make a lot of sense imo. Reggie Jackson and Tony Snell should work money wise, and a lottery protected first seems fair. Jackson is Expiring and Snells player option is less than half Derozans. Adding another bad deep shooter to that team isn't ideal though.

The Timberwolves would be an interesting option too. Derozan makes them more competitive this year, which they seem to be intent on, and it could be a way for them to offload Wiggins. Wiggins would surely be interesting in a Spurs system under Pop.

The Wizards could take Derozan back for Beal if the Spurs were willing to give up a young player or two and a first or two. Doesn't seem like something the Spurs would be overly interested in and there are probably more appealing packages from other teams that the Wizards would prefer.

The best option imo though would be the Trailblazers. As I mentioned, Derozan best role now is probably the third option on a contender and he'd be exactly that on Portland. He could also run the second unit when Lillard is on the bench like Turner has done for them in the past. He fits nicely alongside Lillard and McCollum too as a dangerous ball handler who those guys could play off. Bazemore is making 20ish this season so one more contract should make it work. Whiteside makes roughly the same as Derozan so that could also work, though Nurkic is obviously coming back from an injury and Portland are deeper on the wing than they are at center.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #27
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Derozan is a tough one because he's a negative contract at this stage. He's making a ton of money but a team on which he is the best/highest paid player is one that has a pretty low ceiling.

He could definitely be the third option on a contender, but his money makes that difficult. I think he makes most sense on a team that is on the periphery of either making the playoffs, or taking the next step in the playoffs.

The Pistons make a lot of sense imo. Reggie Jackson and Tony Snell should work money wise, and a lottery protected first seems fair. Jackson is Expiring and Snells player option is less than half Derozans. Adding another bad deep shooter to that team isn't ideal though.

The Timberwolves would be an interesting option too. Derozan makes them more competitive this year, which they seem to be intent on, and it could be a way for them to offload Wiggins. Wiggins would surely be interesting in a Spurs system under Pop.

The Wizards could take Derozan back for Beal if the Spurs were willing to give up a young player or two and a first or two. Doesn't seem like something the Spurs would be overly interested in and there are probably more appealing packages from other teams that the Wizards would prefer.

The best option imo though would be the Trailblazers. As I mentioned, Derozan best role now is probably the third option on a contender and he'd be exactly that on Portland. He could also run the second unit when Lillard is on the bench like Turner has done for them in the past. He fits nicely alongside Lillard and McCollum too as a dangerous ball handler who those guys could play off. Bazemore is making 20ish this season so one more contract should make it work. Whiteside makes roughly the same as Derozan so that could also work, though Nurkic is obviously coming back from an injury and Portland are deeper on the wing than they are at center.

Thanks for your thoughts, but ugh....I will probably just hang onto him... :/
Old 09-22-2019, 03:30 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Thanks for your thoughts, but ugh....I will probably just hang onto him... :/
Haha, not great options I know!

Kevin Love?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #29
Rookie

Looking for a Bradley Beal trade and have it down to a few options.

Heat get Beal + Wall
Wizards get Herro, Winslow, Dragic, Johnson and Waiters.

Not sure about picks. Wizards clear off Wall and get okay assets in Winslow and Herro. Heat go all in on Butler and Beal. Hope Wall comes back healthy + Bam. Miami loses all depth though.

Magic get Beal
Wizards get Gordon + Bamba + 2 first round picks

My favourite at this stage. Magic have Issac and Aminu at the 4 and Birch to back up Vuc. Become almost a playoff lock in the East with Beal. Wizards get Gordon in a good contract and potential of Bamba plus picks.

Nuggets get Beal
Wizards get Harris, Beasley, Porter, Bol, 1st round pick

Nuggets go all in around Jokic and Murray but lose depth. Wizards get some young players with high potential, a solid starter and a pick.

Would be great to get everyone’s thoughts
Old 09-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by James96
Looking for a Bradley Beal trade and have it down to a few options.

Heat get Beal + Wall
Wizards get Herro, Winslow, Dragic, Johnson and Waiters.

Not sure about picks. Wizards clear off Wall and get okay assets in Winslow and Herro. Heat go all in on Butler and Beal. Hope Wall comes back healthy + Bam. Miami loses all depth though.

Magic get Beal
Wizards get Gordon + Bamba + 2 first round picks

My favourite at this stage. Magic have Issac and Aminu at the 4 and Birch to back up Vuc. Become almost a playoff lock in the East with Beal. Wizards get Gordon in a good contract and potential of Bamba plus picks.

Nuggets get Beal
Wizards get Harris, Beasley, Porter, Bol, 1st round pick

Nuggets go all in around Jokic and Murray but lose depth. Wizards get some young players with high potential, a solid starter and a pick.

Would be great to get everyone’s thoughts

I like Beal to the Nuggets. I think it makes sense for everyone involved.

I also like Beal to the Celtics in exchange for something like Brown, Hayward, Langford and the Grizzlies top 5 protected pick. Also makes a ton of sense for all parties and might be better than the Nuggets package.

I think those two make the most logical sense and if I was to guess where he ends up irl, I'd say one of those. That being said, your Magic trade looks good too. Orlando haven't committed to Bamba and they're obviously trying to be as competitive as possible irl.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #31
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

I never know how to handle an Andrew Wiggins trade. As a Wolves fan I know he would cost assets to dump in real life, but in 2k where he actually hustles he can be really good.

I don't usually play as the Wolves in MyLeague but I do enjoy using Wiggins in a Jordan/Kobe in the triangle role but I'm not sure how to treat a trade for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
I never know how to handle an Andrew Wiggins trade. As a Wolves fan I know he would cost assets to dump in real life, but in 2k where he actually hustles he can be really good.

I don't usually play as the Wolves in MyLeague but I do enjoy using Wiggins in a Jordan/Kobe in the triangle role but I'm not sure how to treat a trade for him.
Wiggins is definitely another tough one. I think you'd need to give up assets to get a high level starter back, because Wiggins isn't that irl.

I think the right team would take a punt on him though and you could get back some bad salary and a decent young player without giving up extra assets.

Imagine Wiggins playing for Popovich on the Spurs. You could see him being a completely different player in a year or so. Or even under someone like Spoelstra or Doc Rivers.

I mentioned it above, but I like Wiggins for Derozan. The Spurs get a young, high upside player to add to their other build around pieces, and the Wolves get to be more competitive with Towns and give themselves additional flexibility to build around him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »