Home

How do people like this game?

This is a discussion on How do people like this game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do people like this game?

Seriously this game is awful. The player movement is slow motion, delayed and silly. Looks/plays nothing like an actual nba game. I have zero idea why this game gets high praise and excellent ratings every year. Graphics and sweaty skin have become priority one above all else. Old *** NBA2k and 2k2 played a waayyyyy better game of basketball. You actually had control of your players and they’d respond to your moves. Seriously terrible game. I do not get the hype AT ALL.

Last edited by adambaseball; 01-14-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How do people like this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambaseball
Seriously this game is awful. The player movement is slow motion, delayed and silly. Looks/plays nothing like an actual nba game. I have zero idea why this game gets high praise and excellent ratings every year. Graphics and sweaty skin have become priority one above all else. Old *** NBA2k and 2k2 played a waayyyyy better game of basketball. You actually had control of your players and they’d respond to your moves. Seriously terrible game. I do not get the hype AT ALL.

U came to the threads to make your own post just to say u don’t like it and to say it’s awful? 🤦🏻*♂️ seems like a lot of trouble for something u hate so much, if I don’t like something I just get rid of it and move on...... u may need to consider growing up a little

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-14-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
U came to the threads to make your own post just to say u don’t like it and to say it’s awful? 🤦🏻*♂️ seems like a lot of trouble for something u hate so much, if I don’t like something I just get rid of it and move on...... u may need to consider growing up a little

People make complaint threads all the time, what's the problem? Better than being a blind 2K fan boy. Instead of trying to psycho-analyze him, how 'bout actually respond to his content?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:48 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
People make complaint threads all the time, what's the problem? Better than being a blind 2K fan boy. Instead of trying to psycho-analyze him, how 'bout actually respond to his content?

There’s a difference between constructive criticism created posts and just bashing for no reason other than to troll the game apparently.......his content was garbage and there was nothing in it worth giving a response too, and the fan boy **** is a typical response by someone who doesn’t have anything insightful to say......you’re dismissed now ✌️

Old 01-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:

And your reply history pretty much sums up why u would come here to defend nonsensical posts like this....... you’d rather complain about something than move on from it when it’s not up to your liking

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambaseball
Seriously this game is awful. The player movement is slow motion, delayed and silly. Looks/plays nothing like an actual nba game. I have zero idea why this game gets high praise and excellent ratings every year. Graphics and sweaty skin have become priority one above all else. Old *** NBA2k and 2k2 played a waayyyyy better game of basketball
I can't take that seriously, I'm sorry.

I like the gameplay this year. The defense isn't too overpowered like last year and rebounding has been improved. I feel like ballhandling and playcalling took some steps back this year(in certain areas) but it's not a terrible game by any means.

I see you have a baseball username so I'm wondering how much you actually play/watch basketball games. Saying NBA2k and 2k2 is a better game is just ridiculous. Did you lose to the CPU or something and needed to vent?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

NBA2k20 has its issues, I wont deny that, and they are for the most part the same legacy issues the game has always had. But overall, Ive been enjoying the game, even with its flaws. IMO this is the best basketball game overall to date.

This is from a single player standpoint, I dont play online, so I cant say 1 way or the other about that nor do I play the fantasy gimic modes like MyTeam, Im only concerned with MyLeague.

So while those legacy issues do piss me off, because it effects MyLeague, and the same gameplay issues each yr also tick me off, but Im still finding enjoyment is playing 20.

I guess Im not as upset as in yrs past, because Ive come to know, that when it comes to NBA2k, the same issues will be there, so I know that before I buy it, but I still buy it, so its really no ones fault but mine for thinking that next yr things will be fixed, because they rarely are with this game. So I told myself when I bought it day 1 this yr, Im going to try to enjoy it for what it does do well, and not be as OCD about certain things. I figured with the next gen consoles set to release at the end of this yr, that NBA2k20 would probably be the best of this gen. console, so I took the chance.
I dont plan on getting a new console, unless major changes and fixes come with these new generation of games that I play. Ive been disappointed in both NBA2k and MLBTS this generation, as NBA2k still had some of the same flaws of the previous gen, and MLBTS while it plays a great game of baseball, the Franchise mode never made much of a leap, as I expected. So I aint going to be fooled again. I will play the wait and see game, because these are the only 2 games I buy basically buy each yr, although I havent bought MLBTS for 2 yrs now, due to Franchise mode lack of improvement, although it still plays a great game of baseball. Thats the 1 thing you can count on with The Show each yr, and you cant say that about any other game.

Im just trying to enjoy NBA2k20, for the things I do like about it, because it does do a lot of good things, as far as Im concerned.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Ayyyy, how about a little less hostility mate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »