Home

advice on defensive badges for two way finisher PG

This is a discussion on advice on defensive badges for two way finisher PG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
advice on defensive badges for two way finisher PG

I have a 6'5 195lb Two way finisher PG. I get 30 defensive badges. I dont want to run the same badges I have on my Perimeter defender SF who is 6'9 but what should i run on this two way finisher pg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: advice on defensive badges for two way finisher PG

On my Two-way 3pt Playmaker I run clamps, pick pocket, lighting reflexes tireless defender, interceptor, and off ball pest.

I unequipped pick dodger it's underpowered and sucks you into sucks you into screens instead of going around them.

Intimidator is nice and probably the best defensive badge in the game. However I think it's a badge suited better for big men and it's a bit too cheesy for me on non defensive builds and smaller guards.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: advice on defensive badges for two way finisher PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bliss
On my Two-way 3pt Playmaker I run clamps, pick pocket, lighting reflexes tireless defender, interceptor, and off ball pest.

I unequipped pick dodger it's underpowered and sucks you into sucks you into screens instead of going around them.

Intimidator is nice and probably the best defensive badge in the game. However I think it's a badge suited better for big men and it's a bit too cheesy for me on non defensive builds and smaller guards.
I hope you haven't upgraded that build. If you play any sort of online mode, you will be a liability. With a 50 three max it doesn't matter how good your finishing or defense is. The defense will just play off you and crowd the paint for any of your teammates. Your ball handling will barely be in the 80s.

I have an Inside-outside facilitator 6'5 and even with Gold QFS, Gold Space Creator, and Gold Tight Handles, i have a hard time getting past my man in Rec.

If you want a slashing guard, you should have done the 2 way playmaker pie chart. He gets round about the same number of defensive badges, has high 80 defensive ratings. You'll get elite ball handling and a round about 70 three.

If you build him right, you can dominate the 1.

In career he's definitely my favorite player. I can dribble past anyone and finish with Gold badges.

Online you have to pick your spots. With only Gold finishing badges it's a bit tougher to score than HOF, but I'm telling you that jumper will save your life.

I didn't invest in Post Fade at all so i don't have that many shooting badges. But with Gold Quick Draw and silver range extender and boosting, you can hit one or two threes a game. What this does is make your man play you honestly. If he backs off, you can make him pay. This allows you to drive when he closes out.

Even better than that is the Shooting and Finishing pie chart.. You get HOF finishing and shooting badges, with Gold defensive and Playmaking badges. That's what I'm working on now. The ball handling isn't where I'd like it, but being a knockdown shooter will enable even more opportunities at the rim. Even without the contact animations, i don't get them till 97, i can draw enough space to finish well enough. Once i get all my contacts, it'll be over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »