Home

No More Princeton Chin Freelance RIP

This is a discussion on No More Princeton Chin Freelance RIP within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
No More Princeton Chin Freelance RIP

So they took Princeton Chin Freelance out of the game. I like playing with loser teams. I play with NJ Nets 2001-02 team a lot in PNO (Hoping to play with the 06-07 Wizards this month). I was shocked to find out it not in the game anymore.

It always made sense to me that Eddie Jordan was behind the Princeton Chin offense the Nets ran. Once he left they didn't win as much (and why he was successful in Washington). They were so many reads. It was pretty impossible to have every branch in the 2K.

https://youtu.be/7KBun_5cNPc?si=WSu-m3zOIr6UJUVf

And look in not here trying to get it back. There is probably a very good reason it's not in the game anymore. (Or at least I like to think there is lol)

I will say I'm happy Corner freelance is back.

But I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a playbook or another freelance that I could get similar offense from for both of those teams (06-07Wizards and 01-02 Nets) ?

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-27-2023 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: No More Princeton Chin Freelance RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
So they took Princeton Chin Freelance out of the game. I like playing with loser teams. I play with NJ Nets 2001-02 team a lot in PNO (Hoping to play with the 06-07 Wizards this month). I was shocked to find out it not in the game anymore.

It always made sense to me that Eddie Jordan was behind the Princeton Chin offense the Nets ran. Once he left they didn't win as much (and why he was successful in Washington). They were so many reads. It was pretty impossible to have every branch in the 2K.

https://youtu.be/7KBun_5cNPc?si=WSu-m3zOIr6UJUVf

And look in not here trying to get it back. There is probably a very good reason it's not in the game anymore. (Or at least I like to think there is lol)

I will say I'm happy Corner freelance is back.

But I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a playbook or another freelance that I could get similar offense from for both of those teams.

Corner offense back likely because of mamba moments and Rick Adleman
Old 10-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
That's exactly what I thought. Give them credit for that. I still don't know what Comp is. I haven't given it a try yet.
Old 10-27-2023, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's exactly what I thought. Give them credit for that. I still don't know what Comp is. I haven't given it a try yet.
Comp is when you want the CPU to just GTFO of your way. They wont do any off ball movements and will just space the floor.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think we are reaching end of life for having different freelance offenses in the game unfortunately.

Looks like they are shifting into a more "dynamic" small number of freelances.

I tried running with the new and dynamic motion offense and retired it after a few games when it had my team exclusively running 4 out actions when Kwame Brown was at the 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 06:22 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

I will say they did add a lot of chin plays the last couple of years so there’s still fun things you can do especially if you use smart play.

And if they do add the Princeton freelance back don’t expect it to be as in depth as it was before. Expect more plays to be made out of some of the options. That’s what I’ve seen with the update to the triangle. Instead of adding back options like the wing reverse, ucla high post, and center opposite sequences back to the triangle freelance on next gen, they’ve added set plays that mimic those actions. Of course I prefer the actions be apart of freelance but it’s better than nothing.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Sooo about Corner freelance. It's definitely broken. Maybe someone can triple confirm with me. But it's not working. They just 5 Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Comp is when you want the CPU to just GTFO of your way. They wont do any off ball movements and will just space the floor.
I just learned this after scrimmaging. Which I totally understand. But that's kind of a wasted slot for nothing (in my opinion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think we are reaching end of life for having different freelance offenses in the game unfortunately.

Looks like they are shifting into a more "dynamic" small number of freelances.

I tried running with the new and dynamic motion offense and retired it after a few games when it had my team exclusively running 4 out actions when Kwame Brown was at the 4.
If this is true. That is truly sad.
Quote:
I will say they did add a lot of chin plays the last couple of years so there’s still fun things you can do especially if you use smart play.

And if they do add the Princeton freelance back don’t expect it to be as in depth as it was before. Expect more plays to be made out of some of the options. That’s what I’ve seen with the update to the triangle. Instead of adding back options like the wing reverse, ucla high post, and center opposite sequences back to the triangle freelance on next gen, they’ve added set plays that mimic those actions. Of course I prefer the actions be apart of freelance but it’s better than nothing.
And that's why I came in here asking. I mix playbooks all the time. Especially if they fit with the team. For example, I played with 95-96 Sonics. I loved their playbook because it has post up for guards plays.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...lNs2Ee-Bg&s=19

So I loved it so much. That I started using it with the 06-07 Warriors.

But if anyone could help me find a playbook that mimics the Princeton Chin. I'd greatly appreciate you!!!

I just wonder when the logic is used if a team needs it's own playbook. Because the 01-02 Nets have user2 playbook by default. While a team like Sonics have one.

I also used 3 Man Corner. That also seems broken. It's just running normal 3 Out. Which is disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »