Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots

So ray tracing should've been on the PS4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masai
This is how it should of looked on the PS4
Old 10-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 1

Steph and Klay’s sig jumpers are still off.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #139
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Lol. Are you new here ? 2k probably has height dimensions correct for all players, but their proportions are way off. Idk how you can’t see that. Fire up 2k20 and play with 2008 rockets. Please tell me Carl Landry’s head is of correct proportion. He looks like a bobble head doll in-game.

Idk why ppl are upset at me for pointing it out. I used to help madden and mlb show correct their uniforms all the time, using reference pictures instead of calling them “lazy” like a lot of ppl on here do. It’s all just constructive criticism.

2k more than likely mocaps with 3 or 4 people, I’m guessing guys who are about 6’2, and then they just make them bigger or smaller depending on which player they are creating. That’s why Manut Bol and mugsey Bogues have same body proportions, only one is just 5’3 and one is 7’7.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Probably because many of us don't play the game and go "Geez, Landry has a big *** head. 2K should fix that.". I watch only Pacers games, and I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you if the "proportions" are correct outside of the height and weight.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 19

This really looks impressive. I find the graphical improvement noticeable.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91

Not to be a total buzzkill, but 2k still hasn’t fixed their player models. It looks like they used the same exact ones, and just gave them smaller waists and thinner legs. I’ve always tried pointing this out because it’s always really bothered me. Here are the legacy issues you can see in this pic.

1. Bodies not long enough. Most are about 6-10 inches too short.
2. Oversized heads. If you look at pc mods, that’s one of the first things they adjust.
3. Long torsos/short legs. Again, pc modders adjust this with their player model mods.
4. No butts. Players still have that weird kilt looking lower body.

I used to think it was impossible for them to improve player models due to their engine, but after playing on pc, I realized they just have to make certain adjustments. Shrink player heads, improve short physics and dimensions etc.

Lighting looks great, faces look great, atmosphere is the biggest jump. Love all the media personnel everywhere. But player models don’t look good. White ppl hair still looks last gen. And for the love of God,2k, fix the horrible “running back to the basket after scoring a basket” animation. Right when I saw that I knew it was basically a port with shinier graphics.

Agreed on the models. This is something I'd like to see them re-do from ground up for future next-gen iterations; they look essentially the same as current gen where the body proportions are very off. Shadows, lighting and perhaps textures look improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #142
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Looks absolutely nutty in 4K. I think some of the improvements are not as insane if you just watch 1080p, but there's some wild ish happening here graphics-wise.

I'll back people's plays until I see otherwise when it comes to gameplay/player model sizes/etc. but graphics? This looks crazy.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #143
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Probably because many of us don't play the game and go "Geez, Landry has a big *** head. 2K should fix that.". I watch only Pacers games, and I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you if the "proportions" are correct outside of the height and weight.

I mean...if player models don’t bother you, then why are you even responding to my post? I can’t have an opinion of my own? Player models bother a lot of ppl, as do jersey/court inaccuracies. If the pacers used a royal blue instead of navy or had the wrong colors or logo on their court, that wouldn’t annoy you?

A lot of the colors and jersey inaccuracies have been fixed because fans of the game speak up and offer reference pictures to help 2k. Next time, just move along if someone offers feedback that doesn’t align with your view of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #144
Rookie

It's easy to be critical of sports games because NBA 2k creates digital copies of real life people. We know how tall/short/fat/skinny/fit these real life people are and we want 2k to recreate these very real people accurately. Other games don't have to please their audience by making Batman look like a particular Batman. When people saw that that Kobe render, it didn't look like him and we all knew it. No one complains when Batman doesn't look like Christian Bale.*
The game looks good to me. Hoping for some good news about MyCareer tomorrow and hoping they really rebuilt it from the ground up. I don't want to see the same shoes ported over or the same lame colorways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »