Home

2K's finally done it. They've lost me.

This is a discussion on 2K's finally done it. They've lost me. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K's finally done it. They've lost me.

Since about 2K18 I have found it increasingly difficult to enjoy this game but this year I think they finally got me. I just quit in the middle of a park game and I legit don't know if I'll turn 2K21 back on. I've had the game a month. One month.

This is what the FOURTH year in a row where the Park/Rec is filled with guards and "shot creators" spamming whatever new unrealistic OP dribble move someone found behind screens and launching 3s? Y'all STILL haven't balanced that out? Mind you, it's not even me getting wrecked as I'm usually guarding the off-ball guard hugging the corner. It's so BORING. Not to mention how painful it is to try and play the Park when you're by yourself, wandering around and jumping from park to park for 15-20 minutes a time trying to get into just one game even though you know it's gonna be the same old boring s***.

Tried to play a rec game before I went into the park. Played with a PG that drove into the hoop every single time. No matter what, no matter who was open, despite the fact that he was 1/6 then 2/11 then 4/18...just kept going in there. The PF, a "slashing four", launched about 4 3-pointers and I'm pretty sure he had no 3-point shot. Not to mention the opposing PF caught about 12 or so lobs (not exaggerating) right over his head. No IQ, no adjustments, no anything. I had to start taking the risk of leaving my guy open to break up some of the passes for him. Why do these people even play rec? Why do I lose every Rec game I play despite averaging an A teammate grade?

Play Now Online-when I can even get in a game without disconnecting-is filled with Lakers/Bucks users barreling into the paint. I've got a good win% but it's so BORING, I don't even want to play another game.

MyLeague would be fun but I don't even want to take the time to fix 2K's garbage default rosters filled with incorrect jumpshots, ridiculously lazy tendencies, etc. Haven't found a roster I like yet.

Like goddamn. I've bought every single 2K since 2K8 but it's like I've forgotten how to enjoy this game. Everything just annoys me and pisses me off. I think I'm finally done tolerating 2K's BS. When I do set aside some time to play some video games, I want to you know...have fun. Not stress out, wander around empty parks, be dragged down by dumb teammates, get disconnected from games. My patience is all gone.

And yes, I have lost interest in video games as I've grown up and don't have nearly as much time to play. But that time USED to be for playing 2K. But they've broken the game so much that I literally instantly regret even loading 2K21 up, already anticipating all the BS to come. It's honestly sad to see my favorite franchise, a game I've been playing annually since I was 12 with freakin' Chris Paul on the cover, become a franchise I've grown so tired of.

Anyways, this was a random rant but I do have a question. HOW do I enjoy playing 2K21? Like am I the only one out here struggling to have fun with this game? Help me.

Last edited by TonyBake; 10-17-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: 2K's finally done it. They've lost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBake
Since about 2K18 I have found it increasingly difficult to enjoy this game but this year I think they finally got me. I just quit in the middle of a park game and I legit don't know if I'll turn 2K21 back on. I've had the game a month. One month.

This is what the FOURTH year in a row where the Park/Rec is filled with guards and "shot creators" spamming whatever new unrealistic OP dribble move someone found behind screens and launching 3s? Y'all STILL haven't balanced that out? Mind you, it's not even me getting wrecked as I'm usually guarding the off-ball guard hugging the corner. It's so BORING. Not to mention how painful it is to try and play the Park when you're by yourself, wandering around and jumping from park to park for 15-20 minutes a time trying to get into just one game even though you know it's gonna be the same old boring s***.

Tried to play a rec game before I went into the park. Played with a PG that drove into the hoop every single time. No matter what, no matter who was open, despite the fact that he was 1/6 then 2/11 then 4/18...just kept going in there. The PF, a "slashing four", launched about 4 3-pointers and I'm pretty sure he had no 3-point shot. Not to mention the opposing PF caugt about 12 or so lobs (not exaggerating) right over his head. No IQ, no adjustments, no anything. I had to start taking the risk of leaving my guy open to break up some of the passes for him. Why do these people even play rec? Why do I lose every Rec game I play despite averaging an A teammate grade?

Play Now Online-when I can even get in a game without disconnecting-is filled with Lakers/Bucks users barreling into the paint. I've got a good win% but it's so BORING, I don't even want to play another game.

MyLeague would be fun but I don't even want to take the time to fix 2K's garbage default rosters filled with incorrect jumpshots, ridiculously lazy tendencies, etc. Haven't found a roster I like yet.

Like goddamn. I've bought every single 2K since 2K8 but it's like I've forgotten how to enjoy this game. Everything just annoys me and pisses me off. I think I'm finally done tolerating 2K's BS. When I do set aside some time to play some video games, I want to you know...have fun. Not stress out, wander around empty parks, be dragged down by dumb teammates, get disconnected from games. My patience is all gone.

Anyways, this was a random rant but I do have a question. HOW do I enjoy playing 2K21?
nba 2k21 on current gen is not good and kinda terrible.. on next gen, it gonna be great game. trust me
Old 10-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

As I've gotten older, my mentality, especially when it comes to sports games has changed a lot. They can be some of the more frustrating games as far as general mechanics, or with like you said, dumb teamates (digital or organic), lol

For one, I dont take losing too seriously. My Park/PNO/Rec records are horrible because I will play with anyone, and I will play with the most random PNO teams to challenge myself. I'm still very competitive, so don't get me wrong, you'll get some rants out of me, but that's the space I have to be in to play these games. A lot of guys are looking for NG 2K21 to be their savior, but I think many will be disappointed either way because of their approach to these games period.

It's a strict no fun/no play policy for me. If I can't get any enjoyment out of my experience its not worth it....but touching on some of your points, it sounds like you play Park/Rec.

I just started playing again this year and I am having a lot of fun. Within this month I've met some great hoopers. Hopping in these games with like minded individuals makes a world of difference. I knew no one on XBO to start off 2K21, all my personal friends are on PS4...but I've met enough guys that I can have a good experience every time I log on. Latch on to the good ones, lol.

You can also find some good guys to play with around here.

All in all...it could be time to take a sabbatical. I'm the guy that makes the PNO thread every year and its in a place where I can't enjoy it like I used to, so it was time to move on until there's a change. If you're in a place where you can't find enjoyment in any mode, it might be time to just take a break in general. Video games are supposed to be FUN, a stress reliever, not stressful. Maybe you come back, maybe you don't....there's no shame in either.

Good luck man. Hope things turn around for you.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-17-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:32 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Tried to play a rec game before I went into the park. Played with a PG that drove into the hoop every single time. No matter what, no matter who was open, despite the fact that he was 1/6 then 2/11 then 4/18...just kept going in there. The PF, a "slashing four", launched about 4 3-pointers and I'm pretty sure he had no 3-point shot. Not to mention the opposing PF caught about 12 or so lobs (not exaggerating) right over his head. No IQ, no adjustments, no anything. I had to start taking the risk of leaving my guy open to break up some of the passes for him. Why do these people even play rec? Why do I lose every Rec game I play despite averaging an A teammate grade?

And yes, I have lost interest in video games as I've grown up and don't have nearly as much time to play. But that time USED to be for playing 2K. But they've broken the game so much that I literally instantly regret even loading 2K21 up, already anticipating all the BS to come. It's honestly sad to see my favorite franchise, a game I've been playing annually since I was 12 with freakin' Chris Paul on the cover, become a franchise I've grown so tired of.

Anyways, this was a random rant but I do have a question. HOW do I enjoy playing 2K21? Like am I the only one out here struggling to have fun with this game? Help me.

I don't think the online thing is 2k's fault. Unless you fault them for making a park because that was kind of the logical end to it.

Like I said, we gotta fight these people, get our own people on there. Get people who actually ball on there.

Think of it as being a missionary of good basketball.

-Smak
Old 10-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Park is for 11 yr Olds.

Can't play Rec without a squad of at least 4. Simple as that.

Quote:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

its because they go on YT/twitch and mimick comp guards who have all the fundamentals they lack.

they all play the same..just curry slide until they're open and chuck a 3. 2k21 is the worst i've seen it in terms of random guards these guys should stick to park if they cant or refuse to make a pass.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #7
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:

100%, Exactly. But Park gameplay is a lost cause. This mode is intentionally arcade now. I've probably played 20 games total since launch. You can't take this mode seriously, it's basically NBA Jam on rookie or pro difficulty. Idc if someone's the best Park player in the world, they're still trash because their 'skill' is in an arcade environment lol.

I think 2K21 has been the culmination of multiple factors, and the lab rats or hamsters on their wheel (us) are starting to get beyond annoyed with the callous disregard of 1) real basketball 2) sim nation 3) loyal customers.

- It's now been several years of this "pay to play" model. It's getting OLD and stale
- Too much grinding, not enough COMPETING
- Too much "glitchy" build/jumper or MyTEAM card, not enough real basketball
- 2K Greed
- Limited options of Wait or Pain (with randoms)
- Legacy issues
- Community that is 90% low iq crackheads and scummy, bum hunters, etc
- Terrible matchmaking
- 2K "went Hollywood". They went main stream and forgot where they came from. It's possible to blow up
and not sell your soul. Yeah it's a business but there are other ways to success.
- Overall stench of old and new cheese

2K still offers a lot of value compared to other sports games, there are times (usually with a squad) that are fun af playing this game, but overall the "chore" of this game with all these factors leaves a bitter taste. I don't think any other game on the market trolls/agitates the fans with the gameplay, online community, greed, as much as 2K.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:20 PM   #8
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Like I said, we gotta fight these people, get our own people on there. Get people who actually ball on there.

Think of it as being a missionary of good basketball.

-Smak
Godspeed to you. Fight the good fight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »